GFK is now on Liveatc.net!

SeeYA@GFK

Hey everybody, been out of town for the weekend. Here's the lastest:

WE ARE LIVE!

Live on 'Liveatc.net'. Just went up this morning. Look for it under the 'new feeds' section or 'Class D Airport' section. There's a few ways to listen so I won't post all the links to it.

I dropped off the scanner last week to the Foundation and really didn't know how fast they would move with it. But, here we are today and it sounds pretty good. I can listen to everyone on the ground calling up ready for takeoff, and there's not much static at all. We will have to invesigate further if we will be able to add another scanner.

Hope you all enjoy the feed, should be a great tool for everyone to use. Thanks to David for getting the ball rolling on the University side of things, it helped out alot.

Comments/Questions/Concerns Let me have it!

Sounds good, ill get you my scanner when I get back in town if you want to do ana approach feed

So I just found out today at work that this feed we are listening to is actually coming from UND Maintence. Someone named 'Tom' down there started this feed and everything is based there using their/his own equipment. I was very suprised how fast this got started and now it kinda makes sense.

We'll have to contact the Foundation again to tell them about this feed. It's not a big deal, just that now we can use the feed at Ryan Hall for 118.1 or 120.55.

This is turning into quite the project...it sounds like we might have all of GFK's frequencies covered by the time we're done. I'll call Chuck tomorrow to see if he still wants/needs my old PC for the project.

Good work to all involved! I can listen to the tower frequency on my phone now which is awesome!

I'd prefer 118.1 to listen to, you can learn a lot more then tower.

got it workin it seems! pretty cool! listening now...

Glad you guys are getting a kick out of it. Maybe you caught the two emergencies today or even me going up in Cessna 1743L 'Heavy' this morning! haha

Now I have to watch myself on the frequency since you are all listening and can pull the archives on us!

Glad you guys are getting a kick out of it. Maybe you caught the two emergencies today or even me going up in Cessna 1743L 'Heavy' this morning! haha

Now I have to watch myself on the frequency since you are all listening and can pull the archives on us!

missed the emerg's .... wanna give us a brief synopsis?

missed the emerg's .... wanna give us a brief synopsis?

First emergency was a 'Green' aircraft with a forign student aboard that said his brakes weren't working properly. We couldn't get much information on what the true problem was, so we just declared the emergency for him just to be safe. He did a great job on landing and taxied back to the ramp without further event.

Second emergency was about an hour later when an FAA 'Flight Check' King Air took off and about 12 miles south of GFK their left engine failed. This was the same aircraft that came in last week with the exact same problem. Looks like they didn't fix it. He landed 35L and had to be towed back to the ramp since he couldn't make the turn from A2 to A taxiway.

Nothing to major, but kept us on our toes. Enjoy the weekend!

It gets pretty scary up there when you hit the brakes and you don't slow down

Don't you guys to break checks anymore before taxi? Why would you take-off in the first place? Also, I listened in briefly the other day, other than the controller, I don't think I heard nothing but Asian accents. :D

Don't you guys to break checks anymore before taxi? Why would you take-off in the first place? Also, I listened in briefly the other day, other than the controller, I don't think I heard nothing but Asian accents. :D
we do

It's gonna be a FUN fall semster! haha I really think we are gonna get spanked. Get some lawn chairs out and enjoy the show!

I love this thing. It's really cool to go back into the archives to see how you sound on the radio. It's also a great learning tool.

Any word on getting the Approach freq up?

I love this thing. It's really cool to go back into the archives to see how you sound on the radio. It's also a great learning tool.

Any word on getting the Approach freq up?

Yes, it is a pretty neat learning tool for everyone. I know there's a bunch of us at the tower that go back and listen to funny stuff that we say and the pilots say. Plus, the trainees at GFK can go back and listen to their sessions at their leasure instead of requesting managment to make a copy of a tape which might take a few days.

No word on getting the approach frequency up yet. It's basically in the hands of the Aerospace Foundation as to what they are going to do. I donated my scanner a few weeks back now and haven't really heard much else.

Back