Getting the current ATIS

My favorite is PHL controllers,

Me: Philly approach, bugsmasher 123 three thousand level with the weather at KABC request the visual.

Philly : Roger, altimeter 29.92 advise when you have the weather at KABC and say type approach requested....

????? About 90 % of the time????

Also about 90% of the time - Ground 123 ready to taxi with Foxtrot.
123, taxi runway 2 via alfa, verify foxtrot.

Well no offense but we have to make sure you have it, or read you all the stuff contained within it to you over the radio. Pretty selfish to make us do that, why don't you just get the ATIS for departures too? Ground control at my facility ensures the departing aircraft has the ATIS, this won't come up during a critical phase so you need not worry here. I still agree that if you're being told to obtain the new ATIS on final, or while taking the runway, that the controller is being inappropriate.

No, I understand. I advise when I request taxi clearance that I have the Atis and I advise approach when I check on with the Atis. If the weather is crap and getting worse/better, yes, we will be monitoring it... It the weather is 10 and Clear, then no, I will not be checking the Atis every 5 minutes for new changes and if you ask me if I have a different Atis then when I checked on I'm going to answer you in the affirmative but I will not be taking my attention away from a critical phase of flight so I can reaffirm that it is 10 and CLR.

Back