Getting back into it?

dasleben

That's just, like, your opinion, man
Hi guys,

I graduated with my CTI degree in May of '06, but quickly went back to flying and thought I didn't want to do the ATC thing anymore. RVA sent me a couple notices to take the ATSAT, but both gave me about a 2-day heads up so I couldn't get the time off to make it happen. I basically ignored them, and I haven't gotten a request to take the ATSAT in about a year now.

Fast forward until now. I'm about 2-1/2 months from being furloughed from my airline and I'm interested in getting into ATC again. Considering the two-year limitation for being on the CTI graduate list, what can I do to get back into being considered for the job and take the ATSAT? Do I need to simply wait for the next off-the-street announcement at this point, or is there someone at the FAA I can get in contact with about getting back in the running?

Thanks everyone.

Hi guys,

I graduated with my CTI degree in May of '06, but quickly went back to flying and thought I didn't want to do the ATC thing anymore. RVA sent me a couple notices to take the ATSAT, but both gave me about a 2-day heads up so I couldn't get the time off to make it happen. I basically ignored them, and I haven't gotten a request to take the ATSAT in about a year now.

Fast forward until now. I'm about 2-1/2 months from being furloughed from my airline and I'm interested in getting into ATC again. Considering the two-year limitation for being on the CTI graduate list, what can I do to get back into being considered for the job and take the ATSAT? Do I need to simply wait for the next off-the-street announcement at this point, or is there someone at the FAA I can get in contact with about getting back in the running?

Thanks everyone.

As far as I know your two year limit has expired. The two years starts on your graduation date from CTI school. Since you graduated in May 06 that would put you until May 08. I think you need to apply for the next OTS announcement as you said. But to be sure I would call the Aviation Careers Division at 405-954-4657 and speak to someone in HR and they can look up your file.

As far as I know your two year limit has expired. The two years starts on your graduation date from CTI school. Since you graduated in May 06 that would put you until May 08. I think you need to apply for the next OTS announcement as you said. But to be sure I would call the Aviation Careers Division at 405-954-4657 and speak to someone in HR and they can look up your file.

your two years starts when your school sends your recommendation for hire to the FAA

Back