Getting back into it.

Pietrantonio

Well, just went and got my 1st class medical.

Went to the flight school and checked out a few airplanes, and got my name in the book on Wednesday to get current and checked out in the 172. Going to build some x-country and finish my IR.

Looking forward to getting back in the left seat after being away for about six years.

Last edited:
Well, just went and got my 1st class medical.

Went to the flight school and checked out a few airplanes, and got my name in the book on Wednesday to get current and checked out in the 172. Going to build some x-country and finish my IR.

Looking forward to getting back in the left seat after being away for about six years.

Congrats! I'm in a very similar situation as you. Have PPL but it's been a few years since I've flown. Going back through ground material now and hoping to get current, then on to IFR training.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Congrats! I'm in a very similar situation as you. Have PPL but it's been a few years since I've flown. Going back through ground material now and hoping to get current, then on to IFR training.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Awesome. Just walking back into a flight school was a great feeling. You in the area? NC? Been looking for a safety pilot to split cost and log hours. Best of luck to you as well.

Thanks pilot4500. Will definitely do the best I can.

Awesome. Just walking back into a flight school was a great feeling. You in the area? NC? Been looking for a safety pilot to split cost and log hours. Best of luck to you as well.

Thanks pilot4500. Will definitely do the best I can.

I'm actually in Dallas, TX. Seems to be plenty of schools in the area so hopefully I can find a good instructor.

Best of luck man, and let me know if you've got any pointers as you get back to it.

Back