Getting all my text?

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
@derg I've written a lot on here over the years, and I would like to see if it would be possible to get a big file of all my posts so I can train a model on my writing style so I can stop having to write emails. Is there anyway to get that Doug? I imagine the SQL would be easy, "select * from text_content where poster == "ppragman" or something, but yah.

If it would take you time and effort I can definitely compensate with beer. If not, I'll scrape it or something, but it could be kind of cool.

1702347165677.gif

There's an ignore button for that
some of them are asinine but still require I type something... I'm setting up a scraper bot right now to pull my posts, I might get bored with this tonight and drink more beer, but it's kind of fun.

I managed to scrape a bit less than half of my posts on here before it timed out some time last night! I got a little bit less than 5,000 posts (going back to 2017) before the server timed out some time in the middle of the night. That accounts for about 621501 words, and interactions with 118 other users.

I made a word cloud, here's the original wordcloud:

1702485759661.png

here's the cloud after I removed the hundred most common words, super short words, and words like tapatalk

1702487714195.png

Every syllable is torn from my body. It's just not the same when it's fakepat/kayfabe
I think if I can get "all" of the data, then it might be possible to put it into a bot, but yah, I'm going to need much more.

I managed to scrape a bit less than half of my posts on here before it timed out some time last night! I got a little bit less than 5,000 posts (going back to 2017) before the server timed out some time in the middle of the night. That accounts for about 621501 words, and interactions with 118 other users.

I made a word cloud, here's the original wordcloud:

View attachment 75429
here's the cloud after I removed the hundred most common words, super short words, and words like tapatalk

View attachment 75435

Dear PPragman,

Dont flying time, pilot even way. Work thing airplane, people want going, need know make!

-TrafficInSight

This is a lesson in never overlooking the lazy members of society, as they are often also the most efficient.

Back