getting a job

bramlett

are there any schools out there that do not like hiring atp grads? are there other schools out there that love hiring atp grads?

[ QUOTE ]

are there any schools out there that do not like hiring atp grads? are there other schools out there that love hiring atp grads?

[/ QUOTE ] Schools? Well from the research that I had done prior to entering the program, I had found that most "Schools" only hire their own grads. ATP pretty much operates the same way... there always seems to be exceptions to the rule from time to time though.

As far as FBO's are concerned... most that had positions available were more than eager to talk to me after the program. Where I got the ratings wasn't an issue.

Domino's Pizza doesn't care what driving school you went to, or what state you got licensed in... They just care that you are legal to drive and deliver those fine, tasty, pizza pies!
smile.gif

That's the best analogy I can come up with!

Bob

Hi. I spoke to my local FBO this morning about a possible flight instructor job after ATP. "Just in case I don't get hired on with them". He seemed very impressed with the training, certs, and muti hours I'll have after ATP. Of course, he is the one getting the plane rental from me as that is where I'm currently working on my PPL. I don't see why anyone would have a problem hiring someone who just finished up at ATP with all their certs if they were looking to hire anyway. Like the other post said, It don't matter WHERE you got them, just as long as you do. Of course, 200 hours of multi time don't hurt either.

Bramlett, I've seen you post similar questions in the past. Stop worrying about it man. Yes, there are some schools that will not hire ATP grads and yes, there are some schools that would prefer ATP grads. The same holds true for everyone. I got most of my ratings at a FBO. Some employers may prefer an academy grad over me. In the end, once you have your certificates and ratings, it does not matter where you got them. And like someone else posted, 170 hours of multi time will definately not hurt you.

i havent heard of any schools who won't hire atp grads, however, i have talked to some schools that are sceptical of their training

[ QUOTE ]
i havent heard of any schools who won't hire atp grads, however, i have talked to some schools that are sceptical of their training

[/ QUOTE ] i can name a couple, from both aspects of your question

I met a couple of people that didn't want to hire me. Not because I went to ATP, but because I didn't train there at their school.

Most recently, a student came to me to get their MEI. Turns out they are the chief instructor at a small flight school, and had misgivings about ATP in the past. I think I impressed her and may have changed her mind. I suppose my point is that it is more up to the individual person than where they went to flight school. The motivation to excel as an instructor cannot be taught.

Back