Get your CFI, YEA!!!

braidkid

As some of you know I got my CFI a couple months ago. So far it has been a total BLAST!!! I got my first paycheck yesterday. For once instead of a bill I actually got free PIC hours AND a paycheck!! I don't think you can beat that!!!

This is a post for all of you going for your CFI right now... DO IT!!! It is definately worth it. There is so much more to flying than setting your sights on the cockpit of a 737. Ok, I'm off my high now...carry on.

That's awesome that you are enjoying it so much, braidkid. Your students are very, very lucky.

I am very much looking forward to teaching! I think it's going to be an absolute blast. I'll get there someday...

I currently teach riding, and it's extremely rewarding. Have fun up there.

Sarah

Hey Sarah,
I'm jealous you and Ian get to ride horses. I was lucky enough to work with some Arabians several summers ago. My mom used to show horses and taught me how to ride. It was a total blast. I'll never forget the day I went from a trot to a galloping run. Perhaps many years from now I'll be lucky enough to own one on a ranch in Montana!!!

Being a CFI was BY FAR the most enjoyable part of my career. Fortunatley I was in college when I taught thus able to live off my parents and not have to depend on my CFI "earnings". You will learn more about fllying being a CFI than you have being a student. Enjoy it

Jason

[ QUOTE ]
As some of you know I got my CFI a couple months ago. So far it has been a total BLAST!!! I got my first paycheck yesterday. For once instead of a bill I actually got free PIC hours AND a paycheck!! I don't think you can beat that!!!

This is a post for all of you going for your CFI right now... DO IT!!! It is definately worth it. There is so much more to flying than setting your sights on the cockpit of a 737. Ok, I'm off my high now...carry on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Always feels good to finally get paid to fly, and do what you love professionally.

I agree wholehartely to the last paragraph. There IS so much more opportunity to advance than airlines. In that sense, I mean don't limit yourself, there's many different paths one could take in their professional pilot career. But if airlines ARE what your ultimate goal, then by all means, full speed ahead, partner!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I second what Braidkid says. It is a lot of fun and very rewarding. And, even though I only have about 200 hrs. of dual given, I've learned more in that 200 hrs. that I could ever have imagined- and I learn something new every hour that I'm up there with a student (and every hour I sit around the office reading various things, lol).

And yes, it is nice to receive a paycheck (albeit, not a very big one) for flying!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I second what Braidkid says. It is a lot of fun and very rewarding. And, even though I only have about 200 hrs. of dual given, I've learned more in that 200 hrs. that I could ever have imagined- and I learn something new every hour that I'm up there with a student (and every hour I sit around the office reading various things, lol).

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. And the day one stops learning something, or the day one doesn't think they need to learn anything new, is the day they should hang up the flying spurs.

I hope to join you soon
grin.gif
... 35 to go and I'll hit the magic 250... whether or not I can done what needs to be done is yet to be seen
grin.gif

Yes /no respectively.

The right seat dosen't have toe brakes; the left seat does so most likely I'll have to do the Comm ride from the left and the CFI from the right... I'm not too concerned as that means I'll probably do my CFI in something a bit easier like a 172.... we'll see; somehow I'll get it all figured out
wink.gif

You can do part of your CFI ride in the 172 but you'll have to fly a complex airplane for the CFI ride as well.

Keep us posted as to your progress.

Well that idea's out the window! I'll have to speak to my instructor about it this weekend then.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread... as you were!

[ QUOTE ]
Yes /no respectively.

The right seat dosen't have toe brakes; the left seat does so most likely I'll have to do the Comm ride from the left and the CFI from the right... I'm not too concerned as that means I'll probably do my CFI in something a bit easier like a 172.... we'll see; somehow I'll get it all figured out
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually am much more comfortable flying from the right seat in GA planes. Keeps the yoke/throttle hands where I'm used to them.

Back