Georgetown, Guyana

FlyingSig

June was my adventure month... GEO, DKR, & CPT. I'll post the links as I put them up, but here's the first set from Georgetown, Guyana.

BTW, the "layover guide" the company publishes advised of long drive times to and from the airport due to "horse drawn carts, cattle, and 10' snakes in the road". Saw 2 out of the 3....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingsig/sets/72157605607593754/

Teasers:

2578681268_9de4ef09df.jpg

2579646580_39401b7ef6.jpg

2579709962_3762fde7c6.jpg

Great pics man!

We were just discussing GEO today on the crossing because no one's heard any gouge on it yet.

2-points if anyone can tell me how I know it was FlyingSig's leg!

Here's what you need to know about GEO:

1.) it rains for 5 minutes at a time, 4 times a day, every day

2.) El Dorado rum costs $1, a coke costs $4

3.) The only thing there is downtown is an old wooden church.

4.) However... if you can get 4 people together for $115 each , you can take a boat down the river to catch a caravan that takes you to a grass strip where you hike through the Amazon to some 700' tall waterfall and can go swimming in a crystal clear lagoon. Unfortuatly we didn't have enough people because crew skeds made our FA's work the flight back because of some no show's.

Great pics! Nice to have some Caribbean (well sorta,CARICOM) destination pics for a change, btw how is the food?

Ate dinner at the hotel and it was fine.... didn't really eat outside of the hotel but there were plenty of resturaunts around that I would have been fine with.

Lol... it was some sort of omlet going both ways.... strange to eat eggs at 3am, but whatever :whatever: return flight was supposed to leave at 9am so thus the breakfast both ways.

Oh man, that's too funny. I know that captain! ;) I still remember when he was just a lowly FO like the rest of us!

Why do some pilots wear hats in the cockpit. I can understand the obvious answer but in that picture the sun doesn't seem to be a factor.

Back