Geographic Preferences: How Do NC, SC, and GA Look?

ATC_Hopeful

I live in RI and I've learned/decided that choosing MA or RI (or even NH) on the Geographic Preferences probably won't get me selected.

Other considerations I had were NC, SC, and GA. Are these popular choices? Is the need great in these areas?

As always, thanks in advance!

PS: If I were to select MA as one of my choices, would they ask me if I was willing to go to NH or RI or CT, if there were openings there?

I live in RI and I've learned/decided that choosing MA or RI (or even NH) on the Geographic Preferences probably won't get me selected.

Other considerations I had were NC, SC, and GA. Are these popular choices? Is the need great in these areas?

As always, thanks in advance!

PS: If I were to select MA as one of my choices, would they ask me if I was willing to go to NH or RI or CT, if there were openings there?

I would be very careful selecting anything in the South East as that is a Most desired location. If you do select it...you better have a 97 or higher on th At-Sat because I saw pubnat 2 people passed over with scores in the 90's.

Personally, I wanted Montana. I am going to Montana.:rawk:

My AT-SAT score was a 93.9. Besides, I've also heard that only anecdotal evidence exists for higher scores (meaning above "well qualified") getting opportunities first. And that bit about people with scores in the 90s getting passed over: was it their score that got them passed over, or was it more likely that they weren't the better candidates (work history, interviews, etc.)?

That being said, what about Virginia?

I would say that it has more to do with the amount of people attempting to go to GA and FL. I won't debate the whole score issue...No one really knows why some people are selected and others aren't.

I wanted Georgia and I was passed over 3 times for it. It took me 2 years to finally get hired at Indianapolis. Not saying this will happen to you, just keep it in mind.

Back