Geo Preferences

aviatorchris

I'm curious about how the whole geo preferences work. If i understand right, theres an option to pick 2 states. My question is, can you select only one state? Also if you select only one state and are not selected are you SOL?

My second question is my info is in for the PUBNAT5 as well as the PUBNAT2. If i'm not selected for PUBNAT2 do I bypass the ATSAT and go straight to Geo Preferences for the PUBNAT5 announcement?

Thanks for the help,

Chris

I'm curious about how the whole geo preferences work. If i understand right, theres an option to pick 2 states. My question is, can you select only one state? Also if you select only one state and are not selected are you SOL?

My second question is my info is in for the PUBNAT5 as well as the PUBNAT2. If i'm not selected for PUBNAT2 do I bypass the ATSAT and go straight to Geo Preferences for the PUBNAT5 announcement?

Thanks for the help,

Chris

You select two states. You may get either of those or you may get something you didn't choose. If you're not selected, you'll be considered again for PUBNAT5... you won't retake the AT-SAT and I'm not sure yet whether you choose new preferences, but I assume you do.

Thanks for the help,

Chris

If you select on one preference then, yes you will only be looked at by that one state, and you are SOL..... however, there have a been a few cases where people did get selected for places that were not on their GEOPreferences. But they are usually way far away, i.e. Guam and U.S. Virgin Islands....

you ATSAT is good for, I think, 2 years (some one correct me if the length is wrong), so any PUBNAT that you apply for in the Future will use your scores from the First test. But if you don't like your score, you can take it over after 1 year. you basically just have to wait while everyone else in the PUBNAT that has not taken the test takes it.

you ATSAT is good for, I think, 2 years (some one correct me if the length is wrong), so any PUBNAT that you apply for in the Future will use your scores from the First test. But if you don't like your score, you can take it over after 1 year. you basically just have to wait while everyone else in the PUBNAT that has not taken the test takes it.

The score is good for 3 years, but you can retake after 1 year has passed if you so choose. Just remember, the new score replaces the old score no matter what.

also, if you are not selected for pubnat2 and end up having to wait until pubnat5... you will move at the same pace as the pubnat5er's. i.e. you will not select your geo preferences again until after all of the pubnat5's have taken the at-sat, which you would not have to do a second time.

I play this scenario through my head. If i Select #1 colorado, and #2 California. Lets say 3 people want colorado. Theres 2 slots, but they also see I'm willing to go to California which has openings. Would they send me to CA and let the other two have CO? I guess i'm prolly thinking into this waaaay to much. I just dont know what the advantage of putting two states is if they just put you where they need you. AKA Guam US Virgin Islands, etc.

any more ideas?

yeah, all we can really do is remember that we applied for a throughout the nation post, so just pick where you really want to go, but take what they give you. Or if it is an extreme such as Guam, turn it down and wait on the next offer.

I have a funny feeling (ok wishful thinking) today we are going to get an email for geo prefs. I just want the panels to hurry up and be over... :)

I have a funny feeling (ok wishful thinking) today we are going to get an email for geo prefs. I just want the panels to hurry up and be over... :)

I've got that feeling too, but I'm usually wrong about things, so I wouldn't trust it :panic:

I think I've got the hope because the rest of the AT-SAT scores went up yesterday, so someone is working on us.

I've got that feeling too, but I'm usually wrong about things, so I wouldn't trust it :panic:

I think I've got the hope because the rest of the AT-SAT scores went up yesterday, so someone is working on us.

LMAO! Where are you guys getting these feelings from? I wish! I thought I was going to get my scores in 24-36 hours like more people did. Then when I didn't, I JUST KNEW I was going to get it in a week. That didn't happen. FINALLY...I got 'em on the 10th day. I saw someone from our posting (PUBNAT2) got their score yesterday too.

LMAO! Where are you guys getting these feelings from? I wish! I thought I was going to get my scores in 24-36 hours like more people did. Then when I didn't, I JUST KNEW I was going to get it in a week. That didn't happen. FINALLY...I got 'em on the 10th day. I saw someone from our posting (PUBNAT2) got their score yesterday too.

So it's your fault I still don't have my geo prefs :mad:

Kidding... sort of... :crazy:

Anyway... the FEBOTS got their geo pref emails 3 days after they finished testing, so we've been having these feelings since the testing ended...

I know im being lazy and not searching but what was the wait time for the FEBOTS from GEO Preferences to PEPC date?

It feels like this is taking forever lol.

I know im being lazy and not searching but what was the wait time for the FEBOTS from GEO Preferences to PEPC date?

It feels like this is taking forever lol.

FEBOTS geo pref website was available from 5/2 to 5/23 I believe. Referral lists were made 6/6 and their panels met the week of 6/9. PEPC invites went out sometime towards the end of June. The NY PEPC was at the beginning of July, Memphis was last week, Chicago is in August.

I am 22 yrs old... single... no kids... young and able... shoot, I'd control every drug-smuggling, two-bit cargo aircraft coming in and out the USVI or Guam or wherever... like a few of you have said... it doesn't have to be FOREVER... and if it is the best they can offer me now... I... will gladly take it... I'm about to make my own GEO PREF sheet and mail it in... it will be a Rand McNally atlas page of the greater western hemisphere... with a note at the bottom stating "up for anything..."

Anybody heard back on GEO PREF emails yet? I assume these boards will light up like the skies over Baghdad when someone gets one but just thought I'd ask.

I won't lie... if I get a PEPC I won't know how to fill out any forms because I won't know how to express myself without the cunning use of these dancing emoticons :nana2:I mean seriously... here's how it would be for me...

Name - Saxplayer72586 (I don't have a real name anymore, the forums said so)
Age - :confused:
Household Income - :confused:
Drug or Alcohol use? :banghead::bandit:
Marital Status - :whatever:
Name your best personality trait - :sarcasm:
Name your worst personality trait - :yeahthat:

Needless to say... the waiting continues...

Clear skies and tailwinds, all

So it's your fault I still don't have my geo prefs :mad:

Kidding... sort of... :crazy:

Anyway... the FEBOTS got their geo pref emails 3 days after they finished testing, so we've been having these feelings since the testing ended...

Yea I guess it is my fault (and one other person I saw posting)...

The guy from Robinson Aviation who conducted our testing said that the PUBNAT1 (the group before us) went through the whole process in "lighting speed" and he's never seen it happen that fast. He didn't have an answer for it, but he did mention the whole "fiscal" year talk about the tight budget and how we may not hear anything until the new fiscal year.

I play this scenario through my head. If i Select #1 colorado, and #2 California. Lets say 3 people want colorado. Theres 2 slots, but they also see I'm willing to go to California which has openings. Would they send me to CA and let the other two have CO? I guess i'm prolly thinking into this waaaay to much. I just dont know what the advantage of putting two states is if they just put you where they need you. AKA Guam US Virgin Islands, etc.

any more ideas?

Here's how my experience went:
I put Colorado(Denver) as my first choice. I live in Denver. I actually requested the Virgin Islands as my 2nd choice. Even though denver is understaffed at the moment (and did I mention I live here?), somehow I was chosen for the VI, probably because I was the only one to request it. Works out wonderfully though, because this would have been my first choice, but I never thought I would get it because they are fully staffed (7 out of 7--haha).

Hope that helps.

Here's how my experience went:
I put Colorado(Denver) as my first choice. I live in Denver. I actually requested the Virgin Islands as my 2nd choice. Even though denver is understaffed at the moment (and did I mention I live here?), somehow I was chosen for the VI, probably because I was the only one to request it. Works out wonderfully though, because this would have been my first choice, but I never thought I would get it because they are fully staffed (7 out of 7--haha).

Hope that helps.

Wow its funny you say that. I live in CO as well and wanna put Denver as my first choice. But was thinking the next desperate state would be CA for me.

I guess you go where they tell you too.

thanks for the info,

Chris

Back