Genius Media (Fox) Strikes Again

touch-n-go

They can't even take the time to find out the actual name of the airline...

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2016/...nding-after-passenger-dies-during-flight.html
Star Alliance plane makes emergency landing after passenger dies during flight

By Donald Wood

Published May 10, 2016
Facebook33 Twitter0 Email Print

1462893197667.jpg

A Star Alliance plane was forced to make an emergency landing over the weekend. (Star Alliance)

On Saturday, a Star Alliance flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Billings, Montana, when one of the passengers onboard died.

According to the Billings Gazette, a female passenger from California was on a flight from Chicago to San Francisco when she suffered a medical emergency. The flight crew on the Star Alliance plane notified officials at Billings Logan International Airport at around 9:30 p.m. local time that the Boeing 737 would be making an emergency landing in Montana.

When the medical emergency occurred, the plane was above South Dakota and arrived in Billings about 30 minutes later. At the airport, emergency crews and paramedics prepared to assist with the situation.

More from TravelPulse
Hulk Smash: First Look At The Relaunched Hulk Coaster at Universal Orlando

Rumor Alert: Will Success of 'Civil War' Help Launch West Coast Marvel Park?

Hard Rock Offering a Worldwide Burger Tasting Tour for $25K

Has France Bounced Back? Survey Says 'Yes.

Does Airbnb Have a Discrimination Problem?

When the plane landed in Montana, paramedics boarded the aircraft and pronounced the woman dead at the scene. Billings airport supervisor Mike Glancy told the Billings Gazette that he did not know if the woman died during the flight or after it landed.

Once safely on the ground, the remaining passengers deplaned, and the aircraft was inspected and refueled by mechanics. After being cleared by airport personnel, the passengers were then allowed to re-enter the plane, and it departed for its destination in San Francisco at around midnight.

The plane landed safely in San Francisco at about 1:20 a.m. local time.

Well, it does say Star Alliance in giant letters. :D

If they actually gave the airline name in the news story, they'd get inundated with comments from people saying "look at the stupid media, they said it was X airline, tha's not what it says on the side." Even if the pic is wrong.

Of course, looking at the pic in the original post here, my first thought was "wow.....cabotage came quick!" :)

True story, taxing in RDU, SWA called for a clearance and stated they were behind "Star Alliance airlines" (US Airways at the time). I can only imagine it was an ex-F16 guy who didn't have a clue about airline flying.

I can only imagine it was an ex-F16 guy who didn't have a clue about airline flying.

And who got his job with 1500 turbojet single engine time and 125 hours multiengine :)

But why does it have to be an F-16 guy? Could be a Harrier guy. Or any other lol. :D

True story, taxing in RDU, SWA called for a clearance and stated they were behind "Star Alliance airlines" (US Airways at the time). I can only imagine it was an ex-F16 guy who didn't have a clue about airline flying.

Crap, I wouldn't know either!

I ain't hating! :) Hell if I see a SkyTeam jet, I literally have no idea who it is unless I find the widget.

Derg, where is the "Not Like" button?

Back