General Airplane Queries

cadbury

Can somebody answer below queries?
  1. The typical height where aircrafts are plagued by windshear
  2. Pressurized cabins are required for What sort of altitude?
  3. can sudden loss of cabin pressure causes an aircraft to break apart?
  4. Turbulence: what sort of minimum altitude before one can experience turbulence?
  5. Bird strike: what sort of altitude usually does this happen?
  6. Lightning strike: what sort of altitude usually does this happen?
  7. What is the typical height below which aircraft cannot be detected by radar?

1. Most common/dangerous near the surface around airports
2. Pressurized cabins are not required, supplemental oxygen is required for all onboard above 15,000.
3. No
4. At the surface. It's usually more turbulent near the surface.
5. Near the surface.
6. I'd guess that all altitudes are about equal up until the stratosphere which begins at 30,000 to 40,000. Then there would be about zero.
7. I think it's entirely dependent on terrain and line of sight to the radar.

1. Most common/dangerous near the surface around airports
2. Pressurized cabins are not required, supplemental oxygen is required for all onboard above 15,000.
3. No
4. At the surface. It's usually more turbulent near the surface.
5. Near the surface.
6. I'd guess that all altitudes are about equal up until the stratosphere which begins at 30,000 to 40,000. Then there would be about zero.
7. I think it's entirely dependent on terrain and line of sight to the radar.
O2 requirements are dependent on type of operations, and can get somewhat involved from there.
Bird strikes can happen at almost any altitude. I think the record is like 37,000ft.

Can somebody answer below queries?
  1. Bird strike: what sort of altitude usually does this happen?

Just did some bird strike training yesterday. I don't remember exact numbers, but its something like 90% occur at less than 500' AGL and most on landing approach.

Statistically strikes above 10,000' are almost non-existent.

Most interesting to me is that the population of large birds has grown considerably in the past two decades and the number of bird strikes has increased 5x.

I didn’t understand the homework, could you explain it to me so I can give it a second go?

It’s against human rights.

Don’t you think I have already done enough?

A nice man had a sign which said the end is HERE. No one does homework on the eve of the apocalypse.

I made a paper plane out of it and it got hijacked.

Our furnace stopped working and we had to burn it to stop ourselves from freezing.

I left it in my shirt and my mother put it in the washing machine.

I was busy making tinfoil hats and duct taping my windows shut.

I was kidnapped by terrorists. They released me just moments ago, so I didn’t have time to finish it.

My dog ate it. But you can still make out some of my figures in this stool sample.

I have my work finished. It’s all done in my head. What, was I supposed to write it down?

My printer broke, then my disk became corrupted. Unfortunately, my computer crashed and the power went out, also. Do transformers explode everyday? Because that happened, too.

I didn’t want to add to your heavy workload. Really, you should be thanking me, look at all the time you have to work on other things!

My doctor told me to take it easy because all this work is making me tired. You wouldn’t want me to jeopardize my health, right?

My grandpa/step-dad/second-cousin/best friend/dog fell into a chipper shredder and I had to identify the body. I’ll need some time off for the funeral, too.

Because of legal reasons, I can’t give you my homework.

Last night, I was busy saving the world from the evil supervillain known as Electro-Lex Magneto-Joker. If you’ve never heard of him, it is because I defeated him! You’re welcome, by the way.

You mean I’m supposed to do it every day?! Sheesh, how does anyone ever get anything done around here?

Back