Gear Damaged UA 604

Americans ARE getting fatter!
smile.gif

Isn't that the third time for that in a month?

What is the most likely failure if a big jet like that was to land above max landing weight?

[ QUOTE ]
It was at DCA---reagan national.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna know how you can tell if someone has been around the DC area? Those of us who have been here a while call it National and drop the Reagan.

Does anyone besides me see the irony in ramming Regan's name down the local people's throat, seeing how he was for the federal government staying out of local affairs? Or the irony of naming an airport, given his firing of the PATCO employees?

[ QUOTE ]
Or the irony of naming an airport, given his firing of the PATCO employees?

[/ QUOTE ]:

My cousin was an ATC there and lost his job. He always hated Regan after that. Although I think most of the rest of them did too.

I've been in and out of the airport a zillion times and the only place I see "Reagan" is on the Jeppesen approach plates. Controllers call it "National".

I can't see a controller embracing the "Reagan" name after the quagmire of the PATCO strike.

oops....you are right....i wanted to clarify. Ive probably been underneath you doug on more than one occasion. I used to play rugby at gravely point....aproach end landing to the south. What an awesome sight to stand ther next to the localizer antenna and look the pilots in the eye. I hjave to admit, i have heard a few pilots call "reagan tower" on my scanner...and it does sound weird.

Back