Garrett Falcon 20

Some junior officer was REALLY good at writing the proposal for doing that. Then his buddies actually got together and got it done before the stuffed shirt grownups figured out what they had signed onto. Respect.

Seriously though, I don't understand why they thought it was a good idea. It's not like VMO or Mcrit was somehow just waived. Maybe short field performance.

Used to see that jet all the time at Garrett’s facility on the north side of PHX, along with the Boeing 720 when they had it and the B-26 Invader conversion.

Clearly, operating out of noise sensitive airports was not considered.
Causes cancer in California?

(Borrowed from when I asked about CFCs in fire bottles to someone from Alabama)
there's nothing like science...

Did that video goober really pronounce "low bypass ratio" like "ray-dee-o"?! (@ 3:50)

He did it again @4:20, pronouncing "Piaggio" like "plah-geo"! (I don't care if this is some 'capicola' anglicization, its WRONG :D)

Clearly, operating out of noise sensitive airports was not considered.
This reminded me of the HS-121 "Trident 3B" that had three RR Spey engines plus an RB.162 "booster" engine that was used for takeoff (and maybe kept idled during approach?). The booster engine had plastic compressor blades and no oiling system beyond squirting some into the bearings at startup.

I'm sure three Speys plus a VTOL engine kept the airport neighbors angry.

Did that video goober really pronounce "low bypass ratio" like "ray-dee-o"?! (@ 3:50)

He did it again @4:20, pronouncing "Piaggio" like "plah-geo"! (I don't care if this is some 'capicola' anglicization, its WRONG :D)
Couldn't listen to that all the way through, just terrible. And why the crap was there super sad music in the background? Neat afterburner though.

This reminded me of the HS-121 "Trident 3B" that had three RR Spey engines plus an RB.162 "booster" engine that was used for takeoff (and maybe kept idled during approach?). The booster engine had plastic compressor blades and no oiling system beyond squirting some into the bearings at startup.

I'm sure three Speys plus a VTOL engine kept the airport neighbors angry.
It also had an off center nose wheel if I remember correctly.
image.jpeg

In other Falcon news, the Iraqis modified a 50 with a Mirage radar and two missiles. Almost sank the USS Stark

EPQIAn1U4AApbFq.jpg

In other Falcon news, the Iraqis modified a 50 with a Mirage radar and two missiles. Almost sank the USS Stark

EPQIAn1U4AApbFq.jpg

Pretty sure Dumont had that in their fleet at some point.

EPQIAn1U4AApbFq.jpg
Far as I know, Dassault themselves produced that modded 50 for Iraq. The more hardpoints, the more Exocets get sold. Vive la France!

Back