Gaithersburg, MD (GAI)

EatSleepFly

I've gotta sit around and twittle my thumbs for about 4 hours this afternoon (1:30 to about 5). If anyone is around, stop by!
smile.gif

I'm in the greater area, short hop away, but don't get off work until 2130Z and the rental isn't available 'til 2300Z . . . how is GAI, I'd like to go check it out, here it can get pretty busy.

There's a jetcareers member that works as a CFI there. I won't say his real name on this board, but walk around and ask for ERAU_Intern.
smile.gif

I worked for Congressional across the street for awhile... GAI sucks and the people that work at the FBO, that i met and worked there when I did, (NOT THE FLIGHT INSTRUCTORS) are/were horrible.

[ QUOTE ]
Ohhhh, Jesus!!!!!
Are you at Montgomery Aviation? That was THE WORST FBO I've ever been to!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, that's the first thing I said to him when he told me he was coming down
laugh.gif
Atleast they have the internet though, so he can check out jetcareers. On a side not, how was the Kingair, ESF?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the greater area, short hop away, but don't get off work until 2130Z and the rental isn't available 'til 2300Z . . . how is GAI, I'd like to go check it out, here it can get pretty busy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The FBO is the absolute worst place you could imagine, it was built in the '50s and hasn't been updated (or cleaned) sence. The runway is a little hilly, but it's not a bad airport to lfy into, just to stay at for a little while is terrible. I was only there for 30 minutes waiting for a hotel van and it's left a hell of an impression on me.

600th post
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
On a side not, how was the Kingair, ESF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cat is leaping out of the bag.....

[ QUOTE ]
The FBO is the absolute worst place you could imagine, it was built in the '50s and hasn't been updated (or cleaned) sence. The runway is a little hilly, but it's not a bad airport to lfy into, just to stay at for a little while is terrible. I was only there for 30 minutes waiting for a hotel van and it's left a hell of an impression on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey bud, lemme tell you something. Just because every FBO out there doesn't roll out the red carpet for the dude with like 6 million fake turbine hours, doesn't make them any "worse" than any place else. I can't stand it when the corporate folks come in with an attitude like, "I fly a Citation so I should be treated like royalty." I feel like saying, "USE YOUR COMPANY CREDIT CARD AND CALL A CAB!" But no matter. Some people in this world are destined never to appreciate anything, because everything is given to them. Try workin at an FBO bub. Might change your perspective.

Hey ESF! Guess I just missed you. I left work at GAI today around 3:30 local. Maybe we can do lunch next time. Anyhow, hope things went well for you. Blue skies.

[ QUOTE ]

Just because every FBO out there doesn't roll out the red carpet for the dude with like 6 million fake turbine hours,

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you mention that, all the dust on the floor I actually thought the tile was carpet....
[ QUOTE ]

doesn't make them any "worse" than any place else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you actually saying you'd rather spend 12 hours at this FBO then Signature or Millionair?

[ QUOTE ]
Some people in this world are destined never to appreciate anything, because everything is given to them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Another ironic statement, because of that FBO I know appreciate my local FBO much more.

[ QUOTE ]

I can't stand it when the corporate folks come in with an attitude like, "I fly a Citation so I should be treated like royalty."

[/ QUOTE ]

Just remember those stuck up corporate folks make it possible for that FBO to make a profit.

[ QUOTE ]

Try workin at an FBO bub. Might change your perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do.

Hey kid, back off. Know your place and get some pilot certificates before you start talking down to those above you.

He wasn't bashing ERAU_Intern and I didn't sense a superior tone in Citationkid's post either...Since when does he need certificates or ratings to express his opinion on an FBO that he has visited? If so please list the appropriate and applicable ones...

[ QUOTE ]
Hey kid, back off. Know your place and get some pilot certificates before you start talking down to those above you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't talking him down, sence when I do I need to be an ATP to express an opinion, that is the point of this site, right?

[ QUOTE ]
He wasn't bashing ERAU_Intern and I didn't sense a superior tone in Citationkid's post either...Since when does he need certificates or ratings to express his opinion on an FBO that he has visited? If so please list the appropriate and applicable ones...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hey bud, lemme tell you something. Just because every FBO out there doesn't roll out the red carpet for the dude with like 6 million fake turbine hours, doesn't make them any "worse" than any place else. I can't stand it when the corporate folks come in with an attitude like, "I fly a Citation so I should be treated like royalty." I feel like saying, "USE YOUR COMPANY CREDIT CARD AND CALL A CAB!" But no matter. Some people in this world are destined never to appreciate anything, because everything is given to them. Try workin at an FBO bub. Might change your perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh, you're employed there! Sounds like you don't like the criticism...
grin.gif

It's all good, man, but I do have to side with Citationkid on this one....but then again, maybe things have changed in the last few months.

I will say that I have alot of friends that fly into the area there, and I've convinced at least two other people to stop using that FBO, simply for the lack of service.

An FBO shouldn't decide who their going to roll out the red carpet for. Does it matter a 172 comes in or a Citation? I think not.

So, don't take it personally - it's just business! I'm sure that you don't own the place, and it's not your fault that alot of people complain about the bad service there. Just relax!!!

Sorry, I've got to say it...

I HATE YOUR AVATAR!!!! AHH... THAT ADD SCARES THE HECK OUT OF ME.

</rant>

Thanks.

Ethan

[ QUOTE ]
Funny you mention that, all the dust on the floor I actually thought the tile was carpet....

[/ QUOTE ]
That's kinda funny.

Reminds me of my bachelor days.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I've got to say it...

I HATE YOUR AVATAR!!!! AHH...

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I that ugly
frown.gif

tongue.gif
I'm hoping your not talking about my new avatar