FY09 Schedule

I agree and understand but I think it's funny that you use KVGT as an example becasue I don't believe there are any other people going there and their maximum staffing requirements are 15 people. From what I understand there are 13 people there now. I know there are others that are interested in going but those people just took the AT SAT 2 weeks ago. I cannot believe they would make me wait until they Interview and TOL and background check when it has already been 8 weeks since I received my TOL. That would be another 3 month wait at least.

I think that it is true for larger facilities but not so much for the little ones. I think the reason for my way still lies in the fact that my facility is not critically manned. Even though they are putting people thru the Academy form the NY PEPC before some of the LA people I think it's becasue there is a more urgent need for them.....I'm cool with that. I'll just wait it out and thank my lucky stars that I won't be overly stressed when I get to my facility!!! :rolleyes:

quick question, Ive done some flight training at VGT but I can't remember if it was an up/down facility. IF not is someone able to just put tower on the Geo Pref if they don't want enroute or tracon ? How did that work?

quick question, Ive done some flight training at VGT but I can't remember if it was an up/down facility. IF not is someone able to just put tower on the Geo Pref if they don't want enroute or tracon ? How did that work?

You can select TERMINAL or ENROUTE. Terminal is Tower and/or Tracon (you can't specify between the two) and enroute are all the ARTCCs.

VGT is Tower only. I did not do a GEO pref because the app I applied to was for Nevada only.

Hmm, someone else posted this on another thread

http://www.academy.faa.gov/class/searchClass.asp?CID=50146

but it shows en-route basics on 10/20 and 11/18.
The description is slightly different, but if you read it, the class is still an en-route basic with additional training in URET (whatever that is).

URET is what is replacing flight strips at ARTCCs. It shows the same information, but automates some of the work that was done manually by the D-side, such as identifying possible route conflicts by looking at the strips themselves. It was in use (and has been in use since 2005 I was told) at ZTL when I got a tour there two weekends ago. It is something that everyone is going to have to learn in the En-Route environment, because once it gets put in, the strip bays get removed to make room for it. I'm not 100% certain if this was part of URET, but they also had a 3rd smaller display that allowed the R-side or D-side to pull up IAPs, AF-D information, METARs, aircraft registration information, etc., from a touch screen interface. VERY cool.

Back