Furloughed AirNet Pilot looking for work

Sent PM too. Hope it is what I think it is. Or something better...that perhaps I could qualify for.

I'm gonna miss AirNet...

We arent hiring right now for domestic stuff but if you are interested in flying in the sandbox for a 3 month tour making about 20k a month, send me a pm...There are postings on climbto350 about it but no mention of the name....let me know

inbox is full... im interested tho.

Can some regional guys chime in about possible pay as a first year FO if you were to ##### up all of the available open time possible? Would it be possible to bring that 19k up to 29 or 30k?

Many, including myself, are very hesitant to jump because we've all got quite a lot of bills that we were managing at double the pay.

Thanks much.
//
Disclaimer, not trying to flame at all here. Just looking at all of the possibilities for our freight dogs.

You could easily make near or over 30k at a regional first year if you worked hard at a good company...and counted per diem like I do. I will do around 27k this year with picking up no open time and just flying my given lines and this is from a POOR paying regional.

The word on Grant:

Last time I talked to the CP (about 2 weeks ago) they did not have a need for 207 drivers, but a strong need for Caravan guys, mainly in the bush. Mins are an ATP in hand (insurance req). Yes, the ANC and ENA guys are home every night but that is usually a senior position. Junior base in the Van would be BET. BET in the Van starts at $200/day + $20/hour. ANC is $150/day plus $20/hour. Schedule is 20/10 (sometimes 15/15 if you ask nice enough) and is commutable, with reciprocal agreements with Alaska and Northwest (plus a few others that I'm forgetting). Housing provided for you, not your family. The housing is actually pretty decent and the guys you'd be living with are for the most part top-notch. Definitely better than the housing available with Hageland. If you opt out of company housing they pay you an additional $700/month, but you're not going to find anything in Bethel at that price. That would go a long way towards paying for housing for you AND your family if you chose to move them out there, but most would not recommend that. Most guys ship out a ton of groceries at the start of their shift (Alaska still allows three 50-lb bags intrastate in AK) and buy the occasional perishable items in BET.

On a more important note, the CP is absolutely one of the better guys you'll find in this industry.

Just ask if you have any more questions.

So you have a 20/10 schedule. Are you paid for every day, even if they don't fly you? Not bad actually. $200/day x 20 days = $4000 base pay. You then get $20/hr for flight time and a free crash pad.

How is the commute to and from the states?

So you have a 20/10 schedule. Are you paid for every day, even if they don't fly you? Not bad actually. $200/day x 20 days = $4000 base pay. You then get $20/hr for flight time and a free crash pad.

How is the commute to and from the states?

Pretty bad actually, figure 1hr to 2 hrs to get out of bethel (if you don't get bumped) then 6hrs to washington or so. So I would recommend living in anchorage if that's how you want to do it. Living in bethel is a definate no no with a family.

Pay is excellent however. If I wasn't going to school I'd be there right now.

I don't know. An 8 hour commute that is only done once a month does not sound that bad since you get 10-15 days off straight. Think of the regional guy who commutes 4 hours to work every week to only get 2-3 days at home before doing the commute all over again.

Some questions I am sure people are wondering (me included):

I noticed that they fly king airs. How long is the current upgrade to that type?

I have seen pay mentioned at $200/day + $20/hr. I have also seen it stated at $150/day +$35/hr. Is it different based on location and type flown? Does it go up with years of service?

What can someone expect in pay and lifestyle after 3-5 years with the company? Is this place a "get in and get out" type of place or is it a quality place that someone could stay at for a while?

How much flight time might one see during the winter months? summer months?

Appreciate whatever information you can share!

I don't know. An 8 hour commute that is only done once a month does not sound that bad since you get 10-15 days off straight. Think of the regional guy who commutes 4 hours to work every week to only get 2-3 days at home before doing the commute all over again.
True statement. There are people that make the commute, and you only have to do it twice a month.

Are you paid for every day, even if they don't fly you?
If you are in BET working your schedule yet don't fly you are still paid your daily.

I noticed that they fly king airs. How long is the current upgrade to that type?
Forever. There is one King Air in ANC that is used for charters. There are 1-2 people qualified in it out of 50+ pilots in the company.

I have seen pay mentioned at $200/day + $20/hr. I have also seen it stated at $150/day +$35/hr. Is it different based on location and type flown? Does it go up with years of service?
It's different based on type and years flown. Starting 207 pay is $150 + $10. There's a bump to $15 after 6 months and then to $20 after 12 months. Then annual raises beyond that but I don't remember those off the top of my head.

What can someone expect in pay and lifestyle after 3-5 years with the company? Is this place a "get in and get out" type of place or is it a quality place that someone could stay at for a while?
While the pay does increase the lifestyle never really changes unless you live in ANC and get an ANC Van slot. The 20/10, home every night. There are definitely people who have been there a while by choice, and definitely people who have left the regionals in the lower 48 deciding it wasn't for them.

How much flight time might one see during the winter months? summer months?
100 hours a month in the summer wouldn't be unusual, a few less in the winter.

Aloft said:
Does Grant hire FOs?
No

Seeing the pictures on your website, makes me wanna go!
Yeah, it's a pretty fun place to be, although you should know that none of those pics were taken while flying out of Bethel. For the most part it's actually pretty flat out there.

Back