funny thread on A.net

DanTheMan

Thought this was pretty funny.
laugh.gif
I love how a passenger thinks he knows more than the flight cerw.
A.net

"self proclaimed expert"

Ignorance really is bliss.

Not as bad as the people that think they can fly a 747 because they have mastered MS flight sim, but still pretty bad.

Geez, if it was close enough to be an actual mid air, it would have most likely happened so fast it would have been a challenge to identify the aircraft.

Talk about redundancy in aviation.... the following 10 posts all say basically the same thing, including my own
crazy.gif

Good to see the stupid SOB get flamed pretty hard.

Kind of reminds me of the story about the guy who was making a big stink back in the days when they would have the cockpit door open. The crew said, nope, we're not flying, there are too many thunderstorms in the area. Well, one of the passengers in first heard that and started going off on how it wasn't dangerous to fly, and the thunderstorms were not a problem.

After a few minutes of this, the captain had enough. He came out and said, look, captain, if you want to fly this plane in this weather, be my guest. Otherwise, shut up.

I am shocked at the number of flat out ignorant things that come out of people's mouths. And most of them have exactly zero hours of flight time.

No doubt!

I flew into Ontario tonight and ATC left us high, crossing the mountains and did the slam dunk.

No big deal, I anticipated the usual slam dunk.

So I joined up on the localizer and I started losing seperation on another aircraft in front of me so the let me sidestep to 26R and do a visual.

It was a little gusty so I left a little speed on (about Vref + 10) during the transition and floated a little. I decided that landing within the touchdown zone was better than floating down the runway and running into the perimeter fence so I landed, hit the thrust reversers and taxied off the high speed.

Anyway, the flight attendant asks in the van on the way to the hotel, "Who was the Navy pilot who crash landed the jet tonight?"

So I said, "Well, the jet overnights in Ontario this evening, if you'd like to turn around, put you in the right seat and test your landing prowess, maybe the captain might be game. If you get a better landing I'll shine your shoes"

Silence.

But I had a big sh*t-eatin' grin on my face!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, the flight attendant asks in the van on the way to the hotel, "Who was the Navy pilot who crash landed the jet tonight?"

So I said, "Well, the jet overnights in Ontario this evening, if you'd like to turn around, put you in the right seat and test your landing prowess, maybe the captain might be game. If you get a better landing I'll shine your shoes"

Silence.

But I had a big sh*t-eatin' grin on my face!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

I was at Ontario earlier to pickup a friend that just came back from Hawaii... I should have looked around for you.
laugh.gif

My favorite was the last line of the last post...

"Now you and that stupid scanner stay at home and never get on an airplane again."

That's classic.

I was on a flight from CLE -> MDW and the FA made the announcement to turn off cell phones etc., walked by a guy with his phone on, told him to turn it off, he said, "it's off" (real snotty like).

Right as he got the word "off" out of his mouth, guess what...the cell phone rang.

Obviously it was hard for him to have a conversation with his foot in his mouth, so he just shut the phone off, and this time the FA made him show it to her after he did.

That was comedy.

Cheers.

Naunga

[ QUOTE ]
I was on a flight from CLE -> MDW and the FA made the announcement to turn off cell phones etc., walked by a guy with his phone on, told him to turn it off, he said, "it's off" (real snotty like).

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotten burnt by the cell phone thing before. I just forgot to turn the damn thing off, and right after the announcement, it rings. Boy, did I feel like a dork.

They always get so uptight when I fire up my Tesla coil after strapping in. I don't see what the big deal is....

LOL

This is the only reason why I check the airliners.net forums.
[ QUOTE ]
self-proclaimed expert on commercial flying operations

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHA funny stuff

One time I was watching this plane that was only 5 miles and 999.9 ft away from another plane. Who should I report that to.

[ QUOTE ]

I've gotten burnt by the cell phone thing before. I just forgot to turn the damn thing off, and right after the announcement, it rings. Boy, did I feel like a dork.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even worse, we just landed in DFW and we're waiting to cross runway 18L and **ringringring!** **ringringring!*

Doh!

Cap'n Jay, "Uhh, you wanna answer that, dumass?"
smile.gif

Back