Fueler

hellmuth

I'm thinking of applying for a position as a fueler for Aircraft Service International Group at one of the area's major airports and was wondering; what should I expect as an hourly wage? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Don't quote me on this, but I think where I am, I came across an advertisment for a position you are describing, and they were offering in the range of 9-13 an hour. It's been a long time since I saw that add, so like I said, don't quote me on that.

As far as advice. Invest in a good pair of ear plugs or other similar types of hearing protection. It can get quite loud with APU's running and you're pumping thousands of pounds into an airliner for 15-20 minutes.

Good luck. I don't think it would be a bad job.

Don't quote me on this, but I think where I am, I came across an advertisment for a position you are describing, and they were offering in the range of 9-13 an hour. It's been a long time since I saw that add, so like I said, don't quote me on that.

As far as advice. Invest in a good pair of ear plugs or other similar types of hearing protection. It can get quite loud with APU's running and you're pumping thousands of pounds into an airliner for 15-20 minutes.

Good luck. I don't think it would be a bad job.

Thanks.

At EWR, when I worked there, I had plenty of friends that were working for ASIG, but the Port Authority was the only one that was allowed to contract the fuel work out. With that said, ASIG guys made about 8 an hour. Many were happy, then again, many were not.

I dont know if a Fueler gets a premium or not. Hope that helps you in understanding the ASIG way of life, heh.

ASIG fuels the commercial airlines and is part of BBA who owns Signature. $8/hr is what you can expect. If you go to Signature, you can expect about a dollar more than that.

I haven't seen anyone start below $12/hr but maybe that's just my area. While I make more than that, I really couldn't see myself working as a line guy if I was making less than $10/hr. Sure I'm around airplanes and all. But it's a lot of stuff to put up with (a lot of hazards) and you need to be compensated reasonably for it.

Also, this goes with any job you ever apply for (that doesn't have a fixed pay scale). Never accept the pay they first offer you. I never have and I've always been able to get a bit more money which makes a big difference over time.

I haven't seen anyone start below $12/hr but maybe that's just my area. While I make more than that, I really couldn't see myself working as a line guy if I was making less than $10/hr. Sure I'm around airplanes and all. But it's a lot of stuff to put up with (a lot of hazards) and you need to be compensated reasonably for it.

Also, this goes with any job you ever apply for (that doesn't have a fixed pay scale). Never accept the pay they first offer you. I never have and I've always been able to get a bit more money which makes a big difference over time.

wtf...:panic:I'm moving back to Lake Worth. I used to live in Smith Farms. The end of Hypoluxo and Jog Rd.

Here in Chicago, Tech 1s make between $10-12/hr. On top of that we get fuel commissions which works out to be another $1 or $2 an hour. Then on top of that, I can expect to be getting an extra $50-$100 a week in tips.

All in all, not a bad job at all.

As for not accepting the first wage they offer you, be careful. Most places are pretty rigid in the pay scale, and have the attitude of "If you don't want it, this guy over here will take it."

Cheers!

As for not accepting the first wage they offer you, be careful. Most places are pretty rigid in the pay scale, and have the attitude of "If you don't want it, this guy over here will take it."

Like I mentioned above, as long as a job doesn't have a fixed pay scale (airline pilots for example) and the pay is somewhat negotiable, they will often give you a little more if you show them why you are worth more.

Back