Fuel Control Panels

Out of an airplane? For the most part, you don't, which is why it's critical to deliver clean fuel. Large aircraft do have sump drains, they're mostly inaccessible or a maintenance function.
Jet pits have a higher turnover simply because they sell more volume, so they tend to be less susceptible to humidity and temperature fluctuations that would cause significant condensation, where low lead pits tend to sell slower and have more day/night temp swings to condensate water. They're still sumped every day, and each truck is sumped and sampled when deliveries arrived, but you'll always get a little water out of a tank that sits outside if it's any kind of humid.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you, I did read up a bit after posting that. Everything jet I have touched so far, sumping plane tank drains was a maintenance function (I did drain the 'Van before my buddy's shower as described in "not do that again" thread, but it became maintenance guys' job after that), hence I wasn't sufficiently educated on what you can actually find sumping the FBO tanks/trucks.
Interestingly enough, in the 7 years in FL the only time I ever found water in 100LL was when a wrong size o-ring was installed on a fuel cap.
IL - half the times airplane spent the night with tanks not topped off

I had a fueler who spoke no English wave for me to follow him. I did. He then took me up in the lift, opened the fuel panel, and pointed.

Unfortunately for him I did not know our final fuel, nor any clue how to operate our fuel panel.

I had a fueler who spoke no English wave for me to follow him. I did. He then took me up in the lift, opened the fuel panel, and pointed.

Unfortunately for him I did not know our final fuel, nor any clue how to operate our fuel panel.
Sounds like ORD, except they'd probably just throw a random amount on and then leave.

Wow, I dont work on the commercial side of fueling, but I wonder how often airline fuelers misfuel flights..

I was sitting at the gate one day and noticed the fuel number was going up a little past release fuel. "Cool, I like a little extra gas anyway." Then it kept going... and going. Opened the window and the guy is just merrily pumping away. I guess the thing that's supposed to shut it off automatically didn't do that, so he would have kept pumping until the thing was full. Would have been potentially not good on an hour long flight.

I was sitting at the gate one day and noticed the fuel number was going up a little past release fuel. "Cool, I like a little extra gas anyway." Then it kept going... and going. Opened the window and the guy is just merrily pumping away. I guess the thing that's supposed to shut it off automatically didn't do that, so he would have kept pumping until the thing was full. Would have been potentially not good on an hour long flight.

This is why prechecks are so important! I've worked with guys who either a) dont know where the prechecks are or b) just dont do them

First preflight and last post flight of the day. Because I learned the hard way. I've more than my fair share of bad experiences. Last time someone tried to blame me for bald spotting a set of main tires on a PC-12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like you worked at some places that were always out to get you. Not uncommon in the 91/135 world.

You're 121 now right? If so, no one is out to get you. Especially on a walk around. Shortly after I got off OE at a regional I got a call from a chief asking why I missed a bird strike on post flight. I just told him I didn't see it. He said ok, just try and be a little more thorough from now on. I didn't hear anything else about it after that.

The only time you will get disciplined is if you do something deliberately. Carry a write up back to the hub knowingly? You will get hammered for that. But if you didn't do something intentionally you will be fine. I know it's hard to change your mindset but don't do anything stupid and you'll be fine.

In Iraqi airways always the AME ( crew engineer ) do this job in all stations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back