FSI's ASA first officer training program???

Pilot_Chad

FSI\'s ASA first officer training program???

Hey does anyone know about the ASA 1st officer training program? Do they still have it at FSI? If so, how do you get into the program? Do you have to flight instruct first or do you just go through it as part of your Professional Pilot program? Well if some could please fill me in on this program and what its all about I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
Chad

P.S. I forgot to add how much is this course? (ASA 1st officer prgm.)

Re: FSI\'s ASA first officer training program???

Chad,

I think that FSA has that program on the back burner, that is untill ASA starts a new CRJ classes. I'm sure, that the new guy's there can confirm this. I recently spoke with one of FSA's marketing guy's and he said that, "it will be a few month's before this program takes flight, but the school's is also working with ACA to set up a similar program."

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Heat,

Did they mention costs on those programs? I remember my tour guide told me the ASA program ran around $25K.

In terms of cost's, they dont know yet, cuz this an up and coming program, and the details are not etched in stone. However, I would imagine that, once the program is up and running, it's probably no different than what they where charging for the ASA program $25k to $30.

But Remember, if you get hired on as a CFI and teach for 800 hr's, this program will be paid for by FSI.

Just got this in the mail, and the ink is still fresh /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif it's currently called AATP-Advanced Airline Training Program: (LOFT) Line oriented flight training in a mock part 121 training environment at ATP level performance and simulator training is done the level "D" Saab 2000 full flight simulator.

Best Regards,
Heat2151

According to marketing, the ASA program should be back soon, hopefully by January 1. Right now, it is not being offered. That is all I know.

The airline transition course with the training in the full motion Saab gets paidfor by FSI? I was not aware. Has anybody else heard of this as well?

I knew they paid for your MEI and CFII.

Despite what marketing says, I try to be realistic about some things. ASA doesn't seem to be in the position it was in when it started the program with FSI. They can pick up more qualified pilots easier these days without using a go-between like the academy. I'm not too optimistic about that program, but just being a CFI at FSI would be perfect.

Side note: I'm still trying to do the math on the CFI thing. The schedule shows a CFI class every month at least. If 4 guys from a class of 10 get selected every month til' the end of the year, thats a minimum of 42 more in the instructor corps. How the heck did FSA have so much instructor turnover/movement before? /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

Well thanks guys for all the posts.. but theirs one more question I need answered. If this ATP Advanced Course runs about $25k that isnt included in ur Profeesional Pilot course to get your PPL through MEI/commercial/instrument right? So your looking to pay the $44k plus the $25k. And do you have to instruct to bealbe to get into the ATP Advancde Course? Bc if so, to get your instructor ratings thats another $13k or so. Does this sound right?? Let me know.

Chad

Chad,

If I'm reading this right, it's called a direct track program where after you complete your CIME; you can elect to start
dircetly with the AATP Program.

But if you complete the sead & CFI-a, then get hired on as an intructor and teach for 800 hrs, the school will cover the cost of CFII, MEI and standarization training.

Best Regards,
Heat2151

If I'm not mistaken, you need to be interviewed and given a conditional offer of employment from ASA before you can start the AATP program. You don't simply "elect" to do it. Just because you have the money doesn't mean that you can.....

I could be wrong though.

Your 100% right, you do need to get interviewed before you get a conditional offer, but I'm basing this on infomation I got from marketing, maybe chunk or kd can confirm this.

Marketing did mentioned that, FSI is working to get this program back up and running, and trying to finalize a program with ACA, however this will probably take months to mature into a fully flegded direct flow to these regionals.

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Any word of a CRJ sim to be added to campus? It would seem logical....

That would make a lot of sence, if you think about it, that would perfect fit, finish your CIME and get type rated on top of that. All the regional would need is to setup the checkrides, and place these pilots on IOE after that. but I doubt it, since they have a Saab2000 Level "D", and training wise it accompishes the same goal.

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Uhhhh....

This sounds amazingly like the Direct Track...however, it is my understanding that there is no COE tied with this. So why do it, do you ask? Good question! Anyone with a good reason, please respond! If I wanted to blow mega$$$ on "jet transition training" with no job attached to it, I'd have gone to the infamous, School X! (Check out the pilot 1 vs. pilot 2 thread for the long-sought identity of school X!)

I guess the Saab is fairly idle and they wanna make some $$...understandable from the school's point of view.

Chunk

Back