FSI costs

It may cost $60k for training, but you need living expenses too, so that takes the loan up to $75-80k. Hell, rent, power, phone, food, and car expenses all add up for that first 9-12 months of training with no job. But it's still cheaper than medical or law school, and most of those scum bag lawyers barely break $30k a year. Why do you think they chase ambulances?
Turk

"Do, or do not, there is no try."

Hey Slowburnaz,
I know you have heard a few bad things about Pan Am, but you might want to consider them anyway. You could live at home and reduce your costs greatly, it may be worth it. I would at least go look at the school, ask them all kinds of questions, and climb into the planes. That way you could at least compare Pan Am to FSI. Make sure you visit FSI too.

Turk

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

I took out $60,000 for Career Pilot and living expenses. I am single and have no expenses other than on-campus rent, phone and food. My car is paid for. My parents cover insurance. So, like it was said earlier, it all depends on you.

TheFlyingTurkey:
Even if I did go to PanAm, I still wouldn't be living at home. I'm in Tucson, and PanAm is in Phoenix. I'm single (technically), no kids, 28, car's paid off...

$70,000 plus interest does scare me, but I want to fulfill my dreams more than anything. Even if I get my PPL here, I'd still be spending around $5,895 here in Tucson for a PPL with a Cessna 172SP... I'm not so sure that would save me a ton of money. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

I know how you feel, you want to realize the dream bad. Me too. I am getting the whole $80k /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif (still waiting for the loan app to show up)

I am 29, no kids, no house, the old lady split, and will have to sell my car. I have only had it a year and a half, and I wouldn't be able to afford the payments on instructor pay. And buy a junker to get around in, or maybe a bike!

But I am willing to give up my $50k a year JOB, to do what I have always wanted to do. If you love what you do, it aint work! And right now IM working.

Turk

"What the hell, you only live once!"

Hey Turk,

30k a year for a first year lawyer.! Have you checked out what a first year FO makes.?

The numbers for these regionals are current, all based on the latest details from Air.Inc.

a) ComAir - 1st yr FO = $1,680.00 (Before new contract)
b) ACA - 1st yr FO = $1,860.00
c) ASA - 1st yr FO = $1,600.00
d) AE - 1st yr FO = $1,525.00

It may not seem like a lot, but this is the first year and these salaries are also based on a union contract.

Best Regards,
Heat2151

These numbers, are monthly based on a min of 90 hours flown.

These paychecks may not seem like a lot, but then again you have to pay your dues, before you brake even.

Best Regards,
Heat2151

No, I agree, the pay is low for a first year FO. But that pay goes up steadily every year, up to a point.

The scum bag lawyer doesn't have a union contract, and has to chase more and more ambulances to make more money. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif

Turk.

Whoa....I have a number of friendswho are just out of law school. I haven't seen any one of them that were offered anything near $30,000! Everything was in the 50-100K range. But maybe that's just where I live.

Back