FSI and ASA

Visceral

I called FSI and asked about the ASA program as if it were new news to me. They didn't even address ASA, they just started on about the upcoming EJA agreement. They put me on the "interested" list and said expect further words. I doubt if they can afford to let that Class D sim sit empty for 1 or 2 years. Chunk, is the Navy stop-lossed like us Air Force pukes? I'm putting in my separation papers next week, so I'm going to have to decide between an FBO or FSI. The only thing FSI had going for it for me was the deal with ASA. EJA sounds great, but...
crazy.gif

Visceral,

The only folks being stop-lossed (a.k.a. cornholed) are 3 groups; SEALs and SEAL delivery folks....Policemen/EOD.....and certain linguists.

Dude...Go to Vero. Seperate yourself from the pack. Put a good name on your resume. EJA is a great company with a better payscale than ASA (although I would love to work at ASA). You'll be flying the Citation Ultra (listening to the rumors)...

You'll be finishing your ratings while the industry recovers (hopefully) and get a crack at whatever deal FSI has at that time.

It's the best name in the industry, the benchmark!

Or...don't go! One less prior military candidate to compete with! Get the drift? You're a good candidate for a long career, and I'd hate to see you chump out! You know what you want to do...now do it!

Chunk

(I am now done motivating the Air Force!)

I hear ya Chunk, but I've still got to be sure of a few things before I go to FSI for the EJA dealy O'. Mainly, I want to know if they will be integrating the pilots from FS into their mainline like ASA did or keeping us separate with differing payscales, upgrade options etc. I think even if they do keep it separate it would be a very good deal being able to go into the Ultra with low hours. Before Sep 11, I didn't think for a minute the ASA program would end so quickly. Now, I'm not counting on anything including EJA. If the program is still around when I arrive in Vero, well that would be gravy!

Well,

The deal is still in place (ASA, that is), but ASA isn't offering COE's because it isn't hiring! However, I hear their loads are back up to pre-9/11 levels and when their yield comes back up too, I am sure they will continue hiring.

Have faith...don't be one of those "would've beens or almost-was's".....

Chunk

Back