FS2004 screenshots!

Prospective_Pilot

Just got my copy of FS2004 today! Check these screenshots out.....Hope they will help you make up your mind up that you want FS2004!!!! Definitely worth the money.....couldn't be happier with it!
cool.gif

BA Sunset Departure from Kingsford Smith Intl, Sydney, Australia

Any comments?
smile.gif

Thanks for posting the screen shots. I'm getting anxious; last I checked Best Buy didn't have it in yet.

If they ever get the graphics as good as my nascar 2002 graphics ill be impressed. Its pretty hard to tell a screen shot from that game than one from tv. Its is a simpler game though too.

Tom

Nice Screenshots. How are the frame rates though once you actually add some weather to your simming???

Here are the system specs on my old comp that I installed FS2004 on:

Pentium III 900Mhz
384mb of ram
Geforce 4 MX420 64mb

In the Cessna 172 with sliders on close to half with sunset and clouds I average about 6-12 frames/sec around the airports, and the frame rates can max at 23/sec away from airports and at a cruising altitude.

However, the "big jet's" take a kill on frame rates so the sliders have to go almost completely to the left.

I still have to say everything in FS2004 looks WAY better than in FS2002!!! It really does look a ton neater than in those screenshots you may have seen!!! You'll see what I mean once you have played it! But with specs any lower than my comp.....forget it...no go...
smirk.gif

Dead-sticking it into MYF.

Man, if the real thing was anything like it is in FS2004, it's amazing the Wright Flyer flew at all! It's a royal biotch to fly. Fun, tho!
grin.gif

http://64.203.15.192:81/flyer.jpg

And the mighty DC-3--in watching the replay of my approach from the tower's perspective, it got creepy...as in oh-my-dog, real life doesn't get more realistic-looking than this!

http://64.203.15.192:81/dc3.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
If they ever get the graphics as good as my nascar 2002 graphics ill be impressed. Its pretty hard to tell a screen shot from that game than one from tv. Its is a simpler game though too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't call n2k2 a game! It's no more a game than FS2k2. That is the second finest nascar simulation ever made. The finest is of course, n2k3. I expect it to improve some with the much celebrated patch on it's way out sometime this year (more realistic setups, etc.)

Do you have n2k3? And are you in a league?

www.tntsrl.org

I saw on one of the pics that it had taxiway signs! That is one thing ive been wanting to see in a sime for a while, to see if i could handle taxiing at complex airports!

Back