Frontier Hiring FO's

Re: Frontier Hiring FO\'s

WOW....they don't want much for a FO position do they? Should get hired directly into the left seat with those qualifications. Any idea what they pay?

Well, Frontier is a national carrier, if I'm not mistaken.
crazy.gif
As opposed to a regional, where the hiring mins would be quite a bit lower. More on the level of a Southwest Airlines.

And SWA wants a 737 type rating, too. Not looking forward to shelling out THAT bit o' change. Frontier's turbine mins are 500, SWA is 1000 PIC turbine.

[ QUOTE ]
And SWA wants a 737 type rating, too

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't have to have one before you interview though, just before you start working for them.

[ QUOTE ]
Uhh....Southwest is a Major Airline...more than $1b in annual sales.

[/ QUOTE ]

blush.gif
Whoops. Well, whaddaya expect out of a guy with twenty posts?

Actually, Frontier's requirements are quite reasonable for a national carrier, and are very much in line with the other airlines (JetBlue, AirTran, Southwest) that are currently hiring pilots. They also look quite similar to the Big Six's pre-9/11 requirements.

It's just too bad I don't have those numbers ... Frontier would probably be a pretty good company to work for!

FL270

how much money can you make at a company like Frontier? Same money as Jetblue?

I was told that maxed out Captains are making a bit more at F9 than at B6 as Jetblue is alot newer than our "different animal" here in DEN. From what I have seen the pilot group is very happy here too but don't count on getting hired on as an FO with the minimums. Try doubling the mins to be competitive from what I have seen.

Basically F9 and B6 are the same product but I feel like over time Frontier will be in it for the long haul due to slightly different operating philosophies.

Back