From Driving planes to Driving Trucks

?

No...the "truck driving school" quote is from Top Gun. How do you make the leap to thinking that quote (or my statement about it) had anything to do with being a "professional aviator"?
How do I make the leap? Easy. I saw top gun once when I was about 14 years old and I don't think I managed to stay awake for all of it. Therefore I had no idea you were making reference to a bad Tom Cruise movie.

I know its some sort of major forum violation to post here without knowing every single obscure top gun reference by heart, but I just can't seem to find the time to learn them all. Sue me.

Well first 12 hour shift. Went by really fast. Only bad thing is the truck I'm driving has an iffy clutch and it's been messing with me all day. Freakin' hard when I have to dump the beets at the piler. Anyways, that's $165 in one day. Would take me 3 or 4 days flight instructing to make that. Oh, and it was fun/easy. Plenty of jobs up here, including a few in fargo where housing is provided. So if you want to get into trucking, jobsnd.com and search for driver.

Well first 12 hour shift. Went by really fast. Only bad thing is the truck I'm driving has an iffy clutch and it's been messing with me all day.
Clutch? You use the clutch? Amature. ;)

Seriously though, do you know what clutch brakes are and whether or not the truck you're driving is equipped with one? If you're not sure what they are, I suggest you find out and find out whether or not the truck has one.

Clutch? You use the clutch? Amature. ;)

Seriously though, do you know what clutch brakes are and whether or not the truck you're driving is equipped with one? If you're not sure what they are, I suggest you find out and find out whether or not the truck has one.

Yeah...Just don't use the clutch!

Back