Fresno...where should I eat?

Flybob37

In Fresno, CA for work for the next two nights. Any suggestions of where I should spend the company money for dinner?

I'm from about 35 miles south of Fresno and I couldn't for the life of me tell you where to eat. Weird.

Try Cool Hand Luke's, Might be more than you want to spend tho. I have yet to be there, but i have heard good things.

Do you have a car? I assume you do, or your limited to Quizno's.

That's bake-o brotha. Don't be hatin' on the Fresno. :)

(Fresno does, in fact suck. Even those of us in Tulare said, "Fresno?! Do I hafta?!")

I happen to have enjoyed my time living in the Central Valley.

Others I worked with referred to it as the ninth circle of hell.

Thanks! I'll look into the suggestions. Got back to the computer too late for tonight so just did El Torito. It was fine. There's some pretty impoverished areas in Fresno. Right around the fairgrounds it's pretty darn sad. Lots of boarded up houses.

A friend of mine used to say, "look at a map of the U.S., now look at the central valley of California...it looks like an a** hole.

I don't agree. My sister lives in Modesto, it has its good points and bad points. Heck, every city does. You just deal with it.

My fiancee's sister lives in Fresno, so we've headed that way many times. Since your most likely staying around KFAT, then your not too far from Old Town Clovis. The northeastern part of Fresno is much nicer, Herndon is a major east/west thoroughfare on the north side, and where it intersects with the 41 freeway is the River Park shopping center that has P.F. Changs, In N Out Burger and some other national chain restaurants...

Central Valley the armpit if California?!?! Feels like it now with all the smoke from the Nor Cal fires settling into the Valley, visibility from Bakersfield to Redding has been 3 miles at best all week, and it's that way from the surface to over 7000ft

You could always eat at the Holiday Inn bar there at the airport. If you're lucky, you can see a 21st birthday 80's party, like I did. I was sad after seeing that.

Central Valley the armpit if California?!?! Feels like it now with all the smoke from the Nor Cal fires settling into the Valley, visibility from Bakersfield to Redding has been 3 miles at best all week, and it's that way from the surface to over 7000ft

All this smoke has pretty much cut the arrival rate into San Francisco in half--from 60/hour to anywhere from 30-40/hour. There's been ground delays and call for releases across the whole nation.

Back