French Sécurité

PhilosopherPilot

I saw Laura Bush's motorcade today in Paris. Overall, it was a letdown of course, but the best part was watching the French secret service (or whatever they are called) secure the area before and during the driveby.

First they closed off the Champs Elysées, much to the loud dismay of all the motorists.

Second, they decided that no, they really didn't want the traffic stopped on one side, and yelled at the drivers for being stopped. Then once again decided that it would be a good idea to stop that side of the road, yelling at the drivers to stop. (Brilliant really)

Third, they form a roadblock with police vehicles and about 50 riot gear and sub-machine gun totin' policemen IN FRONT of approximately 25 cars, and expect them to miracle their way on the other side. (This was by far the most amusing, since one individual decided to take his time doing a 5 or 6 point turn. The police screamed at him, banged and kicked his car, and aimed machine guns in his face until he decided it was a good idea to mosey on down the road. I just knew they were going to drag him out of his car by his nose or something.)

Finally, the motorcade buzzes by, and everyone goes along their merry way.

Ah, another fall day in Paris!!

G

This seems like a promising thread for French jokes.

I've been wondering about the pronunciation of "Dornier." It looks like "Dorn-ee-er" but a lot of people say it "Dorn-yay." I thought that sounded more like the French pronunciation than German until I realized that after three or four German invasions, the French probably speak German as well as a native Deutchlander.

Why do streets in Paris have trees lining them? Germans like to march in the shade.

grin.gif

Before you all go and brand me a French hater, I was just noting an amusing epsiode I witnessed this morning.

I have had a wonderful time in France, and I really love Paris!!! It is nothing at all like the media says in the US. The Parisians do not have a problem with Americans at all, just obnoxious people. (Many of whom happen to be Americans, but that's besides the point.)

That being said...fire away!!!

G

[ QUOTE ]
This seems like a promising thread for French jokes.

I've been wondering about the pronunciation of "Dornier." It looks like "Dorn-ee-er" but a lot of people say it "Dorn-yay." I thought that sounded more like the French pronunciation than German until I realized that after three or four German invasions, the French probably speak German as well as a native Deutchlander.

Why do streets in Paris have trees lining them? Germans like to march in the shade.

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Dave,
you are forgetting that a couple of centuries ago, the french saved us from being english... bloody hell !!!!!
Where did you get 3 or 4 german invasions from??
Good for them if they speak german too, how many languages do you speak Dave???
This is not a political web site, and this kind of comments should be avoided, some people here could find it very offensive, so respect them, just like you want them to respect you.

Relax, im sure his coments were just for fun. look at the smile at the end.

Everyone on this site is ready to explode these days.

mad.gif
mad.gif
KA-BOOOM!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Couldn't resist. Your right King, there does seem to a bit of tension here lately. Must be those French...DOH!
tongue.gif

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone on this site is ready to explode these days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah no kidding. Some of the things I've seen typed here I know you wouldn't want to say to that person to their face (unless you are truely a jackass). Everybody needs to think twice, type once. Instead of typing the first thing that comes to mind.

Everybody needs to chill out. This is supposed to be a friendly discussion of aviation related topics. Not, lets rip whoever we dont agree with to shreds and belittle them.

*this comment is not directed at any specific user. Just my observations of some of the posts I've read over the last few weeks here.

[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

On that note, and while we're just having a little fun, try this.

1. Go to Google
2. Type in french military victories
3. Click the I'm feeling lucky button

grin.gif

Actually, if you consider Napoleon was from Corsica and pretty much took over western Europe, the author of the website needs to bone up a little on his history.

ya know... i'm 1/2 swedish and 1/2 german.... so, some of my compadre's tell me that i have half the strength to do harm and half the gumption to drop and run! haha
grin.gif

others tell me this joke about the swedes in WWII....

where's the best place to find an authentic swedish WWII rifle? sweden, of course... it's only been dropped once...
shocked.gif

HAHA.... nothing wrong with a good joke - as long as everyone playing goes "doh" at the end and doesn't take it personally - because that's usually not how their intended!

I have to admit - I like the french (after going to France).... but for some reason, they still seem to piss off america... I'd really like to know why!! they're definately more democratic than we are which i have to admit, might be nice to have once in a while! I think they totally get a bad wrap!

Back