Freezing Fuel?

No, not at all man!! I was being serious!!! I may come off like a tough guy, but I'm not all that bad....
grin.gif

I just think that would be a cool system to understand, though. So no big deal, however, if you come across any technical diagrams or anything geeky like that, hook it up!!!

You got it. I'll see what I can find. I wish I had seen this post yesterday. I spent a good chunk of time today poking around in maintenance because the plane was in for some routine stuff and its fun to see it all uncowled.

Hey, here's a powerpoint outline of the fuel system on the General Electric T-64 engine. It's pretty representative of the fuel system on many turboshaft engines of it's era. Note the slide discussing the fuel flow sequence of the -419 model.

ESF, not saying you're wrong, but after digging througn some of my techno-babble tonight, I just can't find any information on any aircraft having a fuel tank warming system, and that's really why I was so excited to hear that an aircraft had such a thing. If there is, I genuinely would like to learn about it!!!

If you check out this link , go down to the part that discusses Fuel Heaters. Here, you'll see them discussed as a system that warms fuel as it flows toward the combustion chamber of the engine, removing any ice so that the filters don't get clogged.

Whewww.....my brain is burning...been a long time since I taught this information!!!!
grin.gif

No no no man...I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Its not a fuel tank warming system. Its just that the oil-to-fuel heat exchanger and the oil cooler, are seperate things. You had said in a post above that heating fuel inbound to the engine was a secondary purpose of the oil cooler. I was saying that they're two seperate items (oil-to-fuel heat exhanger, and oil cooler) on the Garrett engine (or at least thats what ground school and the manuals has me believing...now I'm beginning to wonder).

Now I'm all confused, lol...sorry!
crazy.gif
wink.gif

OK, I'm all caught up. I said something, you responded and I thought you were responding to a different part of what I said, and so since I was connecting your response with the correct statement that I made, I started to respond about something that really wasn't related to your original response, which may have possible offended you, which I can understand, had I been responding to the correct thing, but since you were responding to something different from what I thought you were responding to, there was no reason to be offended-but, since I wasn't clear on what you were responding to, I had to defend my position in a new response, which turned out to be completely unwarranted....
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I'm all caught up. I said something, you responded and I thought you were responding to a different part of what I said, and so since I was connecting your response with the correct statement that I made, I started to respond about something that really wasn't related to your original response, which may have possible offended you, which I can understand, had I been responding to the correct thing, but since you were responding to something different from what I thought you were responding to, there was no reason to be offended-but, since I wasn't clear on what you were responding to, I had to defend my position in a new response, which turned out to be completely unwarranted....
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy crap. I thought I was bad....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hahaha...sorry dude, my-bad! Didn't mean to confuse things!
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we just owe each other two more beers...
tongue.gif

Back