Four airframes in four days

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
The next four days will be interesting ...

Tonight (Thursday): I get to fly a PA-22(?) Tri-Pacer for the first time.
Friday: C-150 (commercial work)
Saturday morning: C-150 (commercial work)
Saturday afternoon: C-182 (HP endorsement/check-out)
Sunday: PA-23 (Approaches to get IFR current)

It'll be fun!
cool.gif

Sounds like a great 4 days! I try to sneak into as many planes as I can, but you've no doubt got me beat. Let us know what you think of the TriPacer. There are quite a few of them around that can be picked up pretty cheaply. I've often thought about getting one as a time builder.

Actually I've heard quite a bit about 'em. It was my father's second or third aircraft and the one he did the majority of his time building in. Not the one I'm going to fly tonight but he had a Tri-Pacer ...

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I've heard quite a bit about 'em . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Do share!
smile.gif
Sounds like you have a pretty good connection to them.

Well ... They were the last (or close to it) of the "short wing" pipers. This means for their size they have a relatively high wing loading. Which generally means a more "power on approach" as opposed to the "normal" single engine approach with the power off. They tend to perfrom a little better when compared to 172s of the same horesepower (Tri-Pacers came in 125(?), 150 and 160hp versions. All you see anymore is the 150/160 versions) because they weigh less than a comparable 172.

They also emply an alieron/rudder interconnect which means coordination is rarely a problem. It's a good four seater but a tad on the slow side (for 160hp aircraft). But the fabric makes for relatively easy (but not necessarily cheap) maintenance.

That's the quick and dirty of it.

laugh.gif

Last summer I had a few days where I flew four different aircraft in one day and a single day when I flew five (C150, C172, C182, PA28, & PA32).

Any of those planes up in KSDL? I betchya it'd be pretty easy to convince Kristie to tag along!

The Bonanza that I flew from Maine is sitting at SDL. Its a nice A36 N902AT. I hope to be heading back out that way in April for the flight back here.

[ QUOTE ]
Any of those planes up in KSDL? I betchya it'd be pretty easy to convince Kristie to tag along!

[/ QUOTE ]DEFINATELY!!!!

No ... the PA-22 is at DVT the others are at FFZ. We ended up not flying the Tri-Pacer last night due to WX. We're gonna aim for next week sometime. But I'm still doing the rest: C-150 tonight and tomorrow, the 182 tomorrow afternoon and the Apache Sunday.

If ya wana go for a ride sometime just shoot me a PM. I'll use anything as an excuse to go up.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If ya wana go for a ride sometime just shoot me a PM. I'll use anything as an excuse to go up.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You can come pick me up in Fresno whenever you'd like!
grin.gif

Back