Former Colgan Air Pilot wins lawsuit

pot....kettle...

It's always fun to see the "HOPE AND CHANGE" kool-aid drinkers on the attack.

Kool-aid Drinkers?

Well, I'll simply say that some of us are more involved in local politics and might perhaps actually put their money where their mouth is one of these days. FWIW.

But of course - I'm a kool-aid drinker, never heard of this Hope and Change stuff though.

Kool-aid Drinkers?

Well, I'll simply say that some of us are more involved in local politics and might perhaps actually put their money where their mouth is one of these days. FWIW.

But of course - I'm a kool-aid drinker, never heard of this Hope and Change stuff though.

I'm shocked everyday I see pilots, especially airline pilots, posting in favor of McCain. Talk about voting for someone who has and will continue to spit in your face...

It's not so much an interweb fight, but rather the fact that the VAST majority of your posts (at least recently as I haven't the time or the desire to go searching your post history) have been either of the "burn the ###### down" or "the sky is falling" variety. This website is all about adding useful information to the community as a whole and when that doesn't happen people some times get frustrated.

Maybe Toonces is not happy with his job, maybe Toonces is getting furloughed. I'm getting furloughed, and sometimes I get hostile. Maybe he is just bitter at the world. Or maybe he got his paws wet in the cold milk. Who knows....

Group hug.... ___+==__=_=_=_=+_+__)()_(

The industry, indeed is very tough today.

The tough ones that are in it to win it are out there networking, making contacts and hustling. So when the eventual upswing hits, they're pre-positioned to excel.

But I thought calling someone out on the internet was networking!:sarcasm::):)

Well, I am very glad to see he got his job back! There is a lot of work to be done yet for him and others in this country who are subjected to these idiotic policies.

+1 for the ACLU.

I'm shocked everyday I see pilots, especially airline pilots, posting in favor of McCain. Talk about voting for someone who has and will continue to spit in your face...

There is no way I could ever vote for a democrat. I'm way too conservative to do that. With that being said, there is no way I could vote for McCain. This election has no good candidates!!!

There is no way I could ever vote for a democrat. I'm way too conservative to do that. With that being said, there is no way I could vote for McCain. This election has no good candidates!!!

Are you sure? Think about what you are saying. While I consider myself pretty liberal, I would not hesitate to vote for a Republican if he/she were the right choice for me.

I have in fact voted Republican before. I try to assess the candidate outside of the traditional party ties. This is part of the reason our system is so messed up. Two parties pitted against each other and citizens not being able to see through the rhetoric of both.

Per Toonces:

1. Click on "User CP"
  2. Click on "Edit Ignore List"
  3. Type "Toonces" into the box
  4. Click "Add"
My monitor is already slightly brighter.

Are you sure? Think about what you are saying. While I consider myself pretty liberal, I would not hesitate to vote for a Republican if he/she were the right choice for me.

Same here. I ignore the party candidates choose. One could argue there's no way The Governator is really a Republican, and one could have argued before the switch that calling Liebermann a Dem would be a stretch. Essentially, the two party system is broken since there are so many sub-faction within the parties. We've got liberal Republicans, ultra-right wing Republicans, ultra-liberal Democrats and conservative Democrats. The difference a lot of the time has to do with what party the OTHER guy is. If he's an incumbent, well, it's gonna be tough to get him out. There's not as much money running Independent (unless you've got a large bankroll or rich friends), so that leaves declaring yourself for the other party.

I make my decision based on the individual candidates' stance on issues. This time around, it's Obama. Next time....who knows?

really? does your husband know you are conservative?

can we keep this thread on topic please? if not, i have no problem making it lav material. :)

Ok as a matter of fact he did not win his lawsuit. Apparently he will be given due process of some sort and will continue to fly. That is what is screwed up with this no fly list. NO DUE PROCESS!!

Seems that he remains on the list, that is why is lawsuit is going forward.

I would wonder if some of the muslim material he sells espouse views that aare consistent with the views of the perpertrators of 911 islamic fundamentalist attack on the US.
If he is a bona fide security risk, then he should have his day in court and it be adjudicated that he cant fly.

I would wonder if some of the muslim material he sells espouse views that aare consistent with the views of the perpertrators of 911 islamic fundamentalist attack on the US.
If he is a bona fide security risk, then he should have his day in court and it be adjudicated that he cant fly.
There is no such "adjudication." In this country you have to commit a crime before something like that will happen. We still have freedom of speech right?

ON TOPIC:

Erich began recurrent training today. He will be flying the line in the not-too-distant future.

How do I know? I met him today while doing transition training for the Q....he was with us for all the basic indoc type stuff.

Back