FORECAST

BLUESKY

OK....no B.S. assesment(obviously your own opinions).... to all pilots working for a airline or on furlough...how do you think the future for a pilot career is going to shape up?......how long will it take for airlines to rebound to full revenue status and all furloughed pilots to be called back.? When will there be a stable flow of hiring? Do you guys see any major changes; for example, are we going to see delta or united go to a single model plane like southwest and jetblue?(just a hypothetical point).

Who knows! Seriously.

A single category wouldn't work for Delta. We'd need an aircraft efficient enough to fly from ATL to BHM, but with the range to fly from JFK to SVO.

In terms of furlough recalls, I couldn't even tell you because the airlines are still furloughing pilots. In fact, my pal MDPilot is getting the boot from Leo next month.
mad.gif

The SWA model is a great concept in a certain niche market, but it relies on bypassing mega hubs and most of the midwest. Joe Billionaire's not going to want to fly into Islip to attend a business meeting in Manhattan.

It might work out ok in the long run, or we might undergo a lot of pilot cannibalism if we resort to 'bottom feeding' -- where an airline says "Well, Mesa's offering a cost of X-5, if you want to keep the aircraft under our umbrella, you're going to have to fly for X-10" (repeat ad nauseum).

(insert disclaimer here)
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
In terms of furlough recalls, I couldn't even tell you because the airlines are still furloughing pilots. In fact, my pal MDPilot is getting the boot from Leo next month.
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug, I thought "Force Majoure"(or whatever I never took French) was over at Delta, I remember hearing something about a lawsuit because you guys have a no furlough clause.
Something else happened?

thanks for the link Eagle...actually i read that thread, but found no direct answers, and that's why I asked again... I hope everything works out well in the end...

Doug....my old man who works for american says just about all his flights are pretty full as well....In your opinion(I hope I don't get you in trouble) do you think management just mis-uses the profits...i.e. if i walk into United's Headquaters here in Chicago am I going to find $40,000 tables in the conference rooms, $20,000 sofas in offices.....True story here in illinois...are governor was investigating if the illinois toll system was needed...what he found in the headquaters was very expensive furniture.. This concept did not go well with the public who is stuck in traffic everyday for hours at a time....I'm sure the furniture was only the tip of the iceburg.

Oh, of course!

Same goes throughout corporate American however.

Back