Ford motor company (F)

HVYMETALDRVR

Just seeing what you guys think. I picked up a few shares at 12.91 and a bunch more at 15.09 its hovered around 16.90-17.10 for awhile now... P/E currently at about 12 but they carry about $173B in liabilities with they're current pension plan. I'm thinking hold on till March maybe it will clear 21 or 22/share then cut it loose. The other player I have is the natural gas ETF, Ford is rolling out a new natural gas F150 in 2014 (which is of course the best selling vehicle in the country right now). Hopefully this will increase demand.

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

Just seeing what you guys think. I picked up a few shares at 12.91 and a bunch more at 15.09 its hovered around 16.90-17.10 for awhile now... P/E currently at about 12 but they carry about $173B in liabilities with they're current pension plan. I'm thinking hold on till March maybe it will clear 21 or 22/share then cut it loose. The other player I have is the natural gas ETF, Ford is rolling out a new natural gas F150 in 2014 (which is of course the best selling vehicle in the country right now). Hopefully this will increase demand.

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?
The natural gas ETF will need a lot more help than a signal vehicle rollout.
Hate commodity ETFs.

Not trading advice yadda yadda.

A single vehicle isn't going to put a dent in anything. When large trucking fleets and more gas pipelines get built those will help nudge the price. More worldwide distribution will help increase the US profits from gas.

I like the idea of natgas, and companies like wm and ups are in early experiments with it, but there is a long way to go there.

Ford doesn't really excite me, though they have been hitting on all cylinders. Hey-o.

Pocketed profits are good.

A single vehicle isn't going to put a dent in anything. When large trucking fleets and more gas pipelines get built those will help nudge the price. More worldwide distribution will help increase the US profits from gas.
Look at all the city busses that have gone natgas not even a blip.
Bring on the "It's rigged" crowd but a camel fart in the sand box has more of an effect on this stuff than actually production of vehicles.

While I don't wholly disagree, even with city busses only a small fraction the vehicles running here in the US actually use natural gas. If the Ford F150 running on natural gas becomes wildly popular it would cause at least a small percentage spike in demand. Especially if GM, Toyota, etc follow suit, but of course quite a bit of infrastructure would have to be built with it which also make it take some time to catch on IMO.

No investment advice given of course.

Look at all the city busses that have gone natgas not even a blip.
Bring on the "It's rigged" crowd but a camel fart in the sand box has more of an effect on this stuff than actually production of vehicles.
Yep, that's why it needs to spread to more trucking and enlarging distribution for home heating hopefully replacing oil.

Ford is down >5% this morning. If your thesis is correct this would be a nice entry point. It IS down because they are forecasting lower profits next year.

Back