ICOM IC-A2 Transceiver

Includes:

"Rubber Duck" Antenna
IC-CM7 Battery pack
Icom DC-1230 Charger
Original Box
Owners Manual
ICOM Pocket Operating Guide

Radio is in excellent condition (no scratches, etc...), works great.
Battery pack needs replacing, doesn't hold much of a charge.

icom_ica2.jpg

PM for more info, actual pictures or to make offer.

You might want to try and market this to the homebuilt owners out there. Or someone that is not going to use the battery on it. If it is going out, then $50 for another battery, and that puts the price a lot closer to the newer models out there. But for someone who is going to use it in their RV8 or whatever, as the only radio, $85 may be a good deal.

I used to have an old Icom O2-AT for Ham use. Great radio, but a big large. Same as what you have there, just yours runs on airband. The audio quality wasn't the greatest because of the speaker, but if using it with a headset adapter, that shouldn't be a problem.

If you do sell it to someone here though, that is going to get a new battery for it, let me know. I've got an old quick drop in charger for those models that I'd throw the new owners way for real cheap if it was going to be used.

Josh

[ QUOTE ]
$50 for another battery, and that puts the price a lot closer to the newer models out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hhmmm... The New Icom's START at $300+... this would be $85 + $50 for a battery... $135 is a pretty good deal...

Sell it on E-Bay if you can't get any interest on here. If you market it right... you can make a decent amount.

One went on ebay about 3 or 4 weeks ago for $98 I think. I watch 'em all, always looking for deals. I recall it had a leather case, 1 recharg battery, and one of the packs that takes a half dozen AAs or whatever, and a headset adapter. That is what I would base the price of, which is why I suggested finding someone who is going to mount it in their plane at your local field.

If not, ebay-it (that should be a new word
smile.gif
). Start the bids at what you are asking now, and I'm sure someone will buy it.

The new Icom A5, which is about 1/3 the size, has more power, a NiMH battery for about 3 times the run time, a channel dial, more than 10 memories, better audio, a headset adapter included, new is $249. I'm still kicking myself for not getting one of the Yaesu/Vertex models when the came out about a year ago, and were running $189 after a $50 rebate. I'm trying to help suggest where to offer it for sale, and give you and idea of what it may be worth to a potential buyer. What you got is a good radio, in its day. You wanna trade even-swap for an old Motorola StarTac 550 flip phone I paid $200 for new? I even have a spare battery for it (it only weighs about a pound
smile.gif
)

Do we need a for-sale forum here?

[ QUOTE ]
Do we need a for-sale forum here?

[/ QUOTE ] no, we tried that once already and it bombed pretty bad!

You might want to try posting it a flightsim forum. All those kids go plane spotting and would love a scanner, then again they might get into a little troube if they transmit with it. I'll post it at jetphotos.net for you if you want me to.

[ QUOTE ]
MUST SELL!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Corporate gig not working out as well as you thought?
grin.gif

(just yanking your chain a little. actually I'm moderately envious - you've got a sweet job...)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MUST SELL!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Corporate gig not working out as well as you thought?
grin.gif

(just yanking your chain a little. actually I'm moderately envious - you've got a sweet job...)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... no, just too much stuff in the basement! Funny you should mention the job, as yesterday was the first payday after annual raises! I'll take a 6+% bump anyday!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MUST SELL!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should mention the job, as yesterday was the first payday after annual raises! I'll take a 6+% bump anyday!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ahead of inflation...alright!!

(Just kidding.)

G

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MUST SELL!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should mention the job, as yesterday was the first payday after annual raises! I'll take a 6+% bump anyday!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ahead of inflation...alright!!

(Just kidding.)

G

[/ QUOTE ]

Inflation??? Isn't that what the 15.7% bonus was supposed to take care of???
grin.gif

Back