FOI Written and the CFI and AGI Certificates

Revolutionist

I plan to get both my CFI and AGI certificates. From my understanding -- for the AGI -- I would simply need to take the AGI and FOI written tests. Thereafter, I would walk those two test results into FSDO.

I also plan to get my CFI certificates. Would that mean that I would need to take the FOI twice (I want to get my ground instructor rating before my CFI)?

Thanks!

I plan to get both my CFI and AGI certificates. From my understanding -- for the AGI -- I would simply need to take the AGI and FOI written tests. Thereafter, I would walk those two test results into FSDO.

I also plan to get my CFI certificates. Would that mean that I would need to take the FOI twice (I want to get my ground instructor rating before my CFI)?

Thanks!
That was my plan a while back, and while I got the AGI / IGI, I didn't get the cfi certs (yet). 99.999% sure you do not have to take the FOI again, if you read the reg.

Pretty sure that was exactly right. I think the answer is in part 61. Or you can trust me and I'll buy you a beer if I am wrong. Much as I like beer I would verify it in part 61. (In other words, I am not going to go look it up on a trip.)
:beer:

When I took my CFI practical exam, I had my AGI. The inspector took a copy of my AGI certificate just in case. FAA's IACRA system, however, seems to know what certificates you already have. So, to answer your question, no you do not have to take your FOI again.

Back