FO programs

jetjockey69

What are your opinions about FO programs, or time building by sitting on the RHT on a beech 1900 offered by places like eaglejet, ASJ-jet, Rainbow...etc. Are there any decent programs out there, without me being ripped off????

Why would you want to pay to sit in a right seat when you could get paid!!
confused.gif

This'll be an interesting thread.
tongue.gif

PFT sucks, plain and simple. They are abusing you. Would you pay McDonalds, or Sears, or Autozone for the "privilege" of working for them? Then why would you do it to fly?

Terrible idea.

Basically you're paying someone to fly a jet for which they should be paying you to fly.

Besides, the amount of experience you get in blocks of 250 or 500 really isn't substantial enough to make a difference. I really didn't develop any real "yeah, I'll take the visual on the runway without the ILS or VASI" comfort with the MD-88/90 until about 800 to 900 hours of experience

If I'm a regional airline looking for a pilot, and an applicant has 2000 hours and 500 "EagleJet" hours in a A320, big deal -- we don't fly the A320.

Also, airlines want to see experience in your logbook in which a hiring manager thought highly enough and assumed risk to hire, train, and then appropriately compensate you for your services.

Besides, my personal advice would be to save the money, build flight time the traditional (and logical) method and save the money for a 737 type rating to apply for Southwest Airlines (that's a world of difference).

Actually, hell, the best bet if you had $50K just sitting around would be to throw it into a good no load mutual fund!
smile.gif

And for the record, I haven't run into anyone at Delta or Skyway that took part in an "FO Program". It doesn't mean someone's not lurking on the website that has (save the 'heated' email, thank you).

It's a waste of your time and your money and your hard-earned ratings to let someone take advantage of you and expect you to fly for free.

Simply put - it's crap!

[ QUOTE ]
What are your opinions about FO programs, or time building by sitting on the RHT on a beech 1900 offered by places like eaglejet, ASJ-jet, Rainbow...etc. Are there any decent programs out there, without me being ripped off????

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, do you mind if I come on over to your house, eat your food, drink your liquor, drive your car, and sleep in your bed without paying you a dime?

You should feel the same way about paying to fly one of these outfits.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea. The whole concept is a rip-off. I agree with Doug.

What you really need is at least 200 ME and 1500 TT hours. That just isn't going to be practical from one of these outfits.

Additionally, I suspect that most of these FO's are probably told to sit on their hands and not touch anything, except maybe raise the landing gear when the captain says so. That's a far cry from the PIC experience that you'll get as a CFI or FAR 135 pilot.

Just say no to PFT.

Back