Flying to Puerto Rico requirements

dufur2003

I may have a trip next week to San Juan and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on what is required to enter Puerto Rico from the U.S. I have looked all over the Internet to no avail including aopa.

I may have a trip next week to San Juan and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on what is required to enter Puerto Rico from the U.S. I have looked all over the Internet to no avail including aopa.

Are you going non-stop from the U.S. mainland?

I have a captain friend from PR.

Pilots still ask him "How'd you get to SouthernJets?" And say "Your English is great!"

Public schools.

So that we stop throwing out ambiguous answers and get to the point...

There are no special requirements for flying to PR. However, you MUST have an outbound agricultural inspection done prior to departing back to the mainland. This can be arranged by the FBO that you use.

Which airport are you using?

There are no special requirements for flying to PR. However, you MUST have an outbound agricultural inspection done prior to departing back to the mainland.

Yeah, this. Other than that, it's really a non-issue. Then again, I spend most of my days going to the other islands, so depending on which one it could mean no special procedures, or a full customs walk.

I think we are going to fly into TJIG. Into millionaire, do you think they would be able to set it up for us?

We go there all the time...like TFaudree said, the only additional step is submitting to the outbound USDA inspection. In my experience the FBO there is more concerned about making sure you get the USDA inspection than it is selling you fuel. I would strongly recommend TJIG over TJSJ if it is feasible for you. The standard of service at both "FBO's" at TJSJ are mind numbingly awful.

1912-so-much-win.jpg

Back