Flying the Alps

skyrunner1500

Hey everybody!

I just thought that I post a Link to some more In-Flight Photos(this time from the Austrian Alps in Europe).

I took those pictures last November while I was flying as safety-pilot on the first leg(LOAN-LOWI). The weather was quite nice that day!
grin.gif

After two days skiing we were flying back home and it was my leg.
That was quite a good IFR learning experience - we really had almost zero visibility enroute @12,000' and strong winds (I just remember a controller told us:"...25 gusts to 43...") - first "real" ground contact was at the decision hight at approx.200'.
We both were so enganged in flying safely back home, that we forgot to take pictures on the flight back, but I took some on the ground right after landing.

Aircraft was a Bonanza F33, not the newest and best-looking, but with flight director and a gns530 and a gns430!!

I've also uploaded a picture of the IAP-Chart from our destination(LOWI). Note the high mountains around the airport? It puts a lot of stress on the pilots landing there in bad weather, because of the high decision hight you have to fly quite a few minutes visual on the approach.

So - check the pictures out!

http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0206050/ifr_ibk_1103/index.htm

maurice

those look great!

How does one get a job flying over there? (please PM me if you want to network, I'm interested in moving to Germany to live/fly once I get some more ratings)

OH MY GOSH!

You've got a nice view of the Nordkette, and the Skt. Jakob Dom!!!!

Here's my version from the Hafeker while mountain hiking!

Innsbruck-%20Nordkette%20Hafeker%20Flughafen.jpg

Thats a fascinating airport!

[ QUOTE ]
those look great!

How does one get a job flying over there? (please PM me if you want to network, I'm interested in moving to Germany to live/fly once I get some more ratings)

[/ QUOTE ]

@ sorrygottarunway: check your PMs!
wink.gif

Back