Flying over Canada, Aye

DPApilot

GUYSH! GUYSH! GUYSH!
So I'll be flying DPA CLT tonight
Then CLT IAG tomorrow and IAG DPA tomorrow night. The last flight brings me through the Canadian airspace/ US ADIZ. I'm going to be VFR an will be on a DVFR flight plan

I was wondering if anyone has done this or if anyone has any information about it?

Thanks

mike

****cough*BankofMomandDad*cough****

:sarcasm:

not that there is anything wrong with that if that's the case. my bank of that went TU a long time ago... :)

Haha. They have paid for about 70 hours. And whatever this flight will be. And by they I mean my mom

Haha. They have paid for about 70 hours. And whatever this flight will be. And by they I mean my mom

Just busting your chops man...No harm intended. I wish I could have taken flights like that right after my PPL.:rawk:

it shouldn't be an issue, as long as your not landing in canada, I was flying around that entire area doing aerial survey, Buffalo approach is real good about those things.

p.s. request to do the scenic falls flyby over Niagara falls! Buffalo Approach will tell you to stay at or above 3500 and make a right hand traffic pattern around the falls. Definitely better then the tour on the ground!

IF you fly IFR it definitely won't be a problem...just don't land in Canada and it should be real easy.

oh and DPApilot...I grew up in naperville also and finished up my commercial ticket at American Flyers at DPA

I don't know if you know this yet, but VFR at night does not exist in Canada. Based on your sig and post this could be an issue.

You have to have a 406 mhz ELT.

Whoever owns the airplane will be getting a bill from NavCanada for the fees.

Go around the lake. I would go as far south as Chicago height then west bound over Joliet. some grumpy ATCs always give me a hard time. :p

I don't know if you know this yet, but VFR at night does not exist in Canada. Based on your sig and post this could be an issue.

You have to have a 406 mhz ELT.

Whoever owns the airplane will be getting a bill from NavCanada for the fees.
On that route, I'd be surprised if he talked to canadian ARTCC. Most likely Cleveland Center. ...if he goes direct, which I wouldn't do. Go south around the lakes.

-mini

File a flight plan.

That's it.

That answer comes from Transport Canada, I had to call the guys to figure out this answer because the DE that did my private pilot ride wanted to know. I couldn't find the answer, so I had to call Transport Canada directly.

In Cleveland right now, at re Waterstreet bar. Really nice. Walking here reminded me of he "Cleveland hastily made tourism" video haha.
I'll be flying around the lake to IAG tomorow and if tlewis and I feel comfortable well go to dtw direct. I do have my radio operators license so I might as well put it to use.

-Mike

In Cleveland right now, at re Waterstreet bar. Really nice. Walking here reminded me of he "Cleveland hastily made tourism" video haha.
I'll be flying around the lake to IAG tomorow and if tlewis and I feel comfortable well go to dtw direct. I do have my radio operators license so I might as well put it to use.

-Mike

The Waterstreet Bar/Grill is a great place for a burger. You flew into BKL, I take it?

I don't know if you know this yet, but VFR at night does not exist in Canada

VFR at night DOES exist in Canada

Hmmm, I was told you had to file IFR at night. So I did. Sometimes it's a lot easier to file IFR anyways if you have the capabilities (DC area, Canada, unknown places, etc)

If you don't mind elaborating, so I don't spread the misinformation that I got that would be great.

In Canada the Night Endorsement requires only 10 hrs of instrument training [ 5 hrs usually done during PPL ]
Uncontrolled Airspace VFR WX minima at night is 3 Miles and clear of cloud[legal but not safe]
You need to be on a FP and talking to ATC to cross the border
In Canada VFR at night is not allowed for commercial op.

VFR at night IS NOT allowed in Mexico:bandit:

Back