Flying North Korean Style!

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Fun article on CNN with 9 pictures from an Air Koyro flight.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/30/travel/feat-north-korean-airline-aviation-enthusiasts/index.html

fm3yte.png

Interesting. Love the Gulfstream behind the plane. The meal looks pretty decent (although I am sure it tastes weird). Nice to know it only takes 2M miles flown and 50 different types of planes to be called an expert on aviation by CNN.

Thanks for sharing!

"When I get on a plane, I can not only tell you where it was manufactured, I can also tell you when it was produced,"

Hahahahaha! No crap? Is it possible that information is printed somewhere, maybe on paper? Perhaps some type of certificate?

Actually I'm even better. I can tell you when it was built, where it was build, the engines on it, the category it's certified under, it's serial number, who owns it and where they receive mail all from the chair I'm sitting in right now. Don't even have to step onto the airplane.

I need to call CNN and get paid for this amazing skill I have.

I can look at an airplane and have it take the money out of my wallet before I even take it out of my pocket.

Sometimes I can look an an airplane and know instantly how many souls on board.

I tell you it's a gift!

piper-cub-05.jpg

new-2-537x289.jpg

Link to the high-res picture with the Gulfstream.

http://www.airlinereporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/P855@PEK.jpg

Wonder who owns it.

Look at the name of the file. Appears to have been taken in China. PEK is Beijing Capital International Airport.

Beijing Capital International Airport (IATA: PEK, ICAO: ZBAA) is the main international airport serving Beijing. It is located 32 km (20 mi) northeast of Beijing's city center,[citation needed] in an enclave of Chaoyang District and the surroundings of that enclave in suburban Shunyi District.[4] The airport is owned and operated by the Beijing Capital International Airport Company Limited, a state-controlled company. The airport's IATA Airport code, PEK, is based on the city's former romanized name, Peking.[note 1]

Beijing Capital has rapidly ascended in rankings of the world's busiest airports in the past decade. It had become the busiest airport in Asia in terms of passenger traffic and total traffic movements by 2009. It was the world's second busiest airport in terms of passenger traffic from 2010-2013 and as of March 1, 2014 it was the second-busiest airport in the world in 2014. The airport registered 557,167 aircraft movements (take-offs and landings), which ranked 6th in the world in 2012.[3] In terms of cargo traffic, Beijing airport has also witnessed rapid growth. By 2012, the airport had become the 13th busiest airport in the world by cargo traffic, registering 1,787,027 tonnes.[3]

Beijing Capital International Airport is the main hub for Air China, the flag carrier of the People's Republic of China, which flies to around 120 destinations (excluding cargo) from Beijing. Hainan and China Southern Airlines also use the airport as their hub.

To accommodate the growing traffic volume, Beijing Capital added the enormous Terminal 3 in 2008 in time for the Olympic Games, the second largest airport terminal in the world after Dubai International Airport's Terminal 3, and the sixth largest building in the world by area. Beijing Capital International Airport covers 1,480 hectares (3,700 acres) of land.

Back