Flying job

howhypno

Hello all,
Just thought I'd throw this out and see if anything happens. I was flying my dream job as a corporate pilot for 2.5 years until the company was closed down this last December.
I have literally put in over 200 resumes and applications since February this year with no luck.
I'm willing to relocate to just about anywhere in the world, yes world not just CONUS.
My times: 2900 TT, 77 Multi, 1500+ high performance, 1400+ dual given, 1500+ cross country. Tailwheel endorsement and about 250 tailwheel.
CFII/MEI CMEL. A lot of single pilot IFR in and around the mountains (rockies, sierra nevada's).
I really like to teach but lately even the flight schools won't look at me because they think I'm over qualified (heard it three times this year).
I'm open to just about anything anyone can help with.
Currently I'm in Utah, but living out of my car hauler trailer so I'm mobile if/when something comes along.

Thank you kindly!
Kenneth

Something I keep having to remind people...

Anyone can email anybody at anytime. Have you ever made follow up calls?

I was flying an new Cirrus SR-22 for the company out of Vegas and Glendale.

I have made as many phone calls as follow ups as possible. Most of the jobs I've applied for would not give out their phone numbers. Some specifically said no calls and yet others were through agencies where I wasn't even sure of the company names.
I know that phone calls are very high on the 'to do' list when it comes to following up on a resume. I appreciate the comments.

Kenneth,
With those times, have you tried getting a regional? You are low on the multi, but worth I try I think. Unless you don't want to do that of course.

As far as the "over-qualified" statement, could there be something in your presentation that leads them to believe that you wouldn't be a good fit? IE: looking to bail, set in ways ... whatever. This is an employers market fo'sure.

I would dress nice biz casual and start hitting the FBOs.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I am sure I am being captain obvious here....but face to face is always the best interaction. Being mobile could be an advantage?

Back