Flying Job Search Tips

Parabellum

I figured that with all the airline furloughs, bankruptcies etc. that I would give everyone a boost by posting this article on job searching that I found. This article isn't specific to flying jobs, but I think it still has some good information.

Enjoy!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Disclaimer: You may note that some of this content is totally contradictory to what Doug has written here on Jetcareers.com Need I remind you again, THIS IS A JOKE!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Volume 39, Issue 10:
March 19, 2003

Today's job market is more competitive than ever. Here are some tips to help give you the edge:

Make sure your résumé is free of spelling and grammatical errors, grease stains, crumbs, blood splatters, and bits of hair and gristle.

Be aggressive: Don't be afraid to call a potential employer every few hours and say, "Is there an opening yet? How 'bout now? How 'bout now? Now?"

When waiting for a job interview and a fellow applicant is there, strike up a conversation. Then, when it's your turn to be interviewed, stand up and say, "See ya, sicko." Explain to the interviewer that he invited you to a goat-sex orgy.

If you find the "Notable Achievements" section of your résumé lacking, consider listing the longest rat-tail you've ever grown.

Avoid borrowing liberally from the plots of popular Tom Clancy and John LeCarré novels when describing previous job experiences.

If you attended Harvard, Yale, or another prestigious Ivy League institution, don't bother noting this on your résumé. Or even creating a résumé at all. Just have one of the other • from your school get you a job.

Be sure to pronounce résumé "REH-zoo-may," which means "a list of one's accomplishments and qualifications," and not like the word "resume," which means "to unpause Resident Evil 3."

After providing a contact number for your "former employer at Merrill Lynch," be sure to change your answering machine to say, "Hi, this is Merrill Lynch, we're not in right now."

If, during an interview, you sense that they have detected one or more of the falsehoods in your résumé, throw a smoke bomb on the floor and escape in the ensuing confusion.

When a job application asks you to list "Reason You Left Previous Job," make it clear you were not at fault. Write, "Boss was total Nazi."

Have a long history of experience in the field you're applying for and glowing recommendations. Either that, or print your résumé on really nice, heavyweight ivory paper.

Being state archery champion is impressive, indeed. But Hardee's is more interested in knowing if you're intelligent enough to avoid deep-frying your hands.

Post your résumé online. This will give it an air of authority and legitimacy that only the Internet can confer.

When writing a cover letter to a prospective employer, stress that, although you used to admire their company, they totally suck now, but that if they hire you, you can help make them great again. That will definitely work.

Don't be afraid to list "Cook County Correctional Facility" on your résumé. They could think maybe you worked there or something.

grin.gif

Thanks for posting Paul. Quite enjoyable to read something POSITIVE after just taking in all the Squawk Box has to offer...

[ QUOTE ]
When waiting for a job interview and a fellow applicant is there, strike up a conversation. Then, when it's your turn to be interviewed, stand up and say, "See ya, sicko." Explain to the interviewer that he invited you to a goat-sex orgy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This works - I use it all the time!
grin.gif

I find that it really impresses the hiring board if you can belch the entire alphabet as well as the interviewer's names

You could always say that there is a bomb in your briefcase and that you'll blow up the building unless you get a class date.
grin.gif

Back