flying in

If anyone needs a ride from PWK to the Marriott I can help out. I live in the area and will be around all weekend. PWK would be much better time wise to fly into. Getting from MDW to the Marriott even with a car is a good 45 minutes by car. The only thing I have going on Friday is possibly the TRACON tour depending on if we have people to go. Let me know...no problem at all to provide rides.

Awesome, man! Thanks! I'll keep in touch when my plans get solidified.

Go into MDW. Definitely GA friendly, and have the FBO drive you to the CTA station. Take the Orange Line, transfer to the Blue Line, and you are at O'Hare. Takes about 1 hr 30 mins to get from MDW-ORD, but it's cheap. There is also a MDW-ORD shuttle that is around $10 I think.

I'm going to have a car and I can get you folks!

I'll be getting into Chicago at about 9:00 AM on Friday.

I'm going to have a car and I can get you folks!

I'll be getting into Chicago at about 9:00 AM on Friday.
So I can pick between windycity and tony to be my personal chauffeur? Choices choices!

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the ride offers, but I doubt if you guys will want to pick us up -- we're thinking of arriving at some godawful early hour on Saturday. I'm not sure exactly when, but the tower had suggested 4-5am would be best, if I recall correctly.
-C.

So I can pick between windycity and tony to be my personal chauffeur? Choices choices!

Thanks guys.

I don't know about Windycity, but TonyW makes a good G&T..... :bandit:

Thanks for the ride offers, but I doubt if you guys will want to pick us up -- we're thinking of arriving at some godawful early hour on Saturday. I'm not sure exactly when, but the tower had suggested 4-5am would be best, if I recall correctly.
-C.
If you gotta go through all that hassle I would just got to PWK during the day and one of us will get you to the hotel. Anything after 11pm and Midway is dead except for freight and we don't fly on the weekends.

You can go into MDW during the day. You need to be on the ball, but it is certainly doable.

Steve - you ever going to one of theses NJC things?

So far the larger ones haven't worked into my schedule/life. I've done a number of smaller meet & greets along the way, and look forward to many more. There are a ton of people on this site that I'd like to meet.

As far as NJC-Chicago, I had been planning on doing an MS150 bike ride that weekend which originally prevented me from going, but have since had to drop that as well. We've got our house for sale and are having an open house (realtor style) that weekend, and having another open house (party style) for my stepson's graduation the following weekend. Not a good time to duck out of town I'm afraid.

Anybody have some extra time in GRR is free to give me a shout. If I'm not on a trip I'm always up for a get together.

Are you guys saying MDW is too busy to get into during the day?

Well, that's what the tower controllers said a few months ago. If it's possible to get in at a normal hour, I would prefer that. We'll probably give them a call again for an updated suggested time. We have to arrive pretty early anyway, because isn't there an event at like 8am Saturday? It will all work out. Can't wait!

-C.

Well, that's what the tower controllers said a few months ago. If it's possible to get in at a normal hour, I would prefer that. We'll probably give them a call again for an updated suggested time. We have to arrive pretty early anyway, because isn't there an event at like 8am Saturday? It will all work out. Can't wait!

-C.

I've heard if it's VFR they can get you in much easier, no matter the time of day. I think the problem with IFR is the separation and all that jazz....

I'll be coming out with Ian, hoping to get into Chicago around noon. Sounds like MDW is the place to go, thanks for the offers on rides guys!

Patrick

If people are coming in friday afternoon or sat I can do rides as well. I have meetings on friday during the day.

Back