Flying in China...?

I was wondering if anyone knows about this flight school ?

http://www.jtfa.cn

too be a Chinese, I do NOT recommend anyone work for this dirty communism country. I left there because that's really a terrible place.

Also, based on the website you provide, they haven't update any information since 2008. I'm sure this is a private flight school. In China, private means unsafe, unsecured. The Communist government can stop all of the training without any reason.

It's really too complicated to describe all of the staffs in mainland China. Something you would never understand and believe.

too be a Chinese, I do NOT recommend anyone work for this dirty communism country. I left there because that's really a terrible place.

Also, based on the website you provide, they haven't update any information since 2008. I'm sure this is a private flight school. In China, private means unsafe, unsecured. The Communist government can stop all of the training without any reason.

It's really too complicated to describe all of the staffs in mainland China. Something you would never understand and believe.

Flame.

Fail

On pprune.org theres a lot more info about flight instruction and flying in Asia in general. I talked with a couple schools in China and one in Thailand and would LOVE to live and fly there but there are major issues with politics. Basically be ready to lose your job anytime for any reason.

If you can handle that financially (to buy a plane ticket home) and don't mind and JUST WANT to live overseas (which from what I hear is awesome)... then go for it. But don't make it your only way out to pay bills because you might find yourself in trouble...

Don't you have to have "English Proficient" on your license to fly internationally?

I was very interested in working for this school about 3 months ago. I talked with them, got a contract emailed to me, then stumbled on an old cfi collegue that works for them now. He gave me the low down on it and I learned that they are struggling because they are private and the pay offered to me was an embarrasing pittance to what they were paying to him.

I have learned that there are two new flight schools that are trying to be opened up soon one in Shenyang and one in Xian. I don't have any contact info but I would LOVE to be there working myself if the chance arises.

Shenyang and one in Xian. I don't have any contact info but I would LOVE to be there working myself if the chance arises.

Just monitor the temperature in Shanyang for the next month and then report back. Be aware the home heating, business heating, and shop heating is not something they are prepared to spend money on. During the winter in China people wear their heavy coats indoors for a reason.

What do you guys think about Chinese women?

What do you want to know?

It's complicated to marry one and live together without some serious cultural issues cropping up from time to time. You really have to be open to different ideas on raising kids; taking care of extended family; and life in general. That said, if you find the right one you'll could be very happy.

Typhoonpilot

A couple friends worked for them in 2008... and came back home in 2008, after a few months trying to fly there. Last Summer, yet another two friends applied, one with 1,000 hours as instructor, the other with nearly 3,000 (yup, hard times these); and only the latter got an answer. I guess they get quite a few resumes.

Anyway, I´m sure the two first friends I mentioned will be able and willing to answer your questions, at least about their experience there. From what they said, the school itself wasn´t the problem, but the Chinese authorities and the way they handle GA over there.

(Example, not necessarily exact:

- This is Gulfstream XXXXX, 8,000NM out and inbound...
- OMG!!! Everything out there with a prop!! Land immediately, disassemble the plane, put it back into its box and send the thing back to Wichita! Quick!")

Cheers

BTW, first post here. Howdy.

A couple friends worked for them in 2008... and came back home in 2008, after a few months trying to fly there. Last Summer, yet another two friends applied, one with 1,000 hours as instructor, the other with nearly 3,000 (yup, hard times these); and only the latter got an answer. I guess they get quite a few resumes.

Anyway, I´m sure the two first friends I mentioned will be able and willing to answer your questions, at least about their experience there. From what they said, the school itself wasn´t the problem, but the Chinese authorities and the way they handle GA over there.

(Example, not necessarily exact:

- This is Gulfstream XXXXX, 8,000NM out and inbound...
- OMG!!! Everything out there with a prop!! Land immediately, disassemble the plane, put it back into its box and send the thing back to Wichita! Quick!")

Cheers

BTW, first post here. Howdy.
Ivan?

Unfortunately growing up in Wichita, Cessna decided los chinos can make airplanes better than we do. I don't even want to touch the skycatcher or groundcatcher more like it. Heck they even moved their 172 and 182 to BFE Independence Kansas about an hour and a half east. Capullos.

Unfortunately growing up in Wichita, Cessna decided los chinos can make airplanes better than we do. I don't even want to touch the skycatcher or groundcatcher more like it. Heck they even moved their 172 and 182 to BFE Independence Kansas about an hour and a half east. Capullos.

...but what does Chinese ATC know :D

Me, on the other hand, want to touch one of those 'Groundcatchers', if only to play the game of finding the 7 (or multiple of that number) differences with a plane that´s actually well made.

I had a question. I'm a american but i'm very interested in flying for air china or any other chinese airlines. Was wondering Would I as an american, be considered for hire as a direct entry first officer and later be promoted to captain if i finish my training here in america?

OR

Do I have to undergo my flight training in China?

Or

Do Chinese airlines not hire americans at all period???

What is the best path for me to take??

Thanks in advanced!

I had a question. I'm a american but i'm very interested in flying for air china or any other chinese airlines. Was wondering Would I as an american, be considered for hire as a direct entry first officer and later be promoted to captain if i finish my training here in america?

OR

Do I have to undergo my flight training in China?

Or

Do Chinese airlines not hire americans at all period???

What is the best path for me to take??

Thanks in advanced!

I think other than in HK, there are not many other airlines that hire entry level FOs from outside

Just one question? have you ever been to China? If yes why the hell would you like to live and work there? I mean I love HK, but that's not any close to the rest China....go on youtube there are some videos of a Canadian pilot that has lived and worked in China...

Lots of peoples on the Expatriate forum talk about moving out from the US to look for a job in an under/developing Country, most of them have probably never left the US....and even so working and living in a place is a lot different then the view you have on vacation....

Back