Flying Clubs....Good News/Bad News

Cloud7 you are correct.

Not looking to join, I am looking to sell. The drop in price is just due to people not flying. I guess there are 10+ people looking to sell. Planes not flying and fixed costs are fixed.....

That being said, I believe they dropped so try and stimulate some interest in the club and bring some $$$ in. The share price had been $6200.

$4,000 is a smokin' deal to buy into that club.

We probably have 10+ folks looking to sell as well. It's a buyer's market these days.

Do you guys have monthly dues to cover the fixed costs?

I was just talking to one of my neighbors yesterday, and he told me that the club he is in has a share for sale in a 172M with about 200 hours on a rebuilt engine, mid 70's vintage aircraft, approx. 3500 hours total time. Buy in @ $6,000. Monthly dues of $70. $50 per hour WET.

At LVN our monthly dues are $145 per member. A lot of good clubs around the area. My problem is living close to LVN it is hard to drive too far to get to a plane.

The 10 hours to get into the 210 seems like a lot for more experianced pilots. How much do your instructors charge?

$4,000 is a smokin' deal to buy into that club.

We probably have 10+ folks looking to sell as well. It's a buyer's market these days.

Do you guys have monthly dues to cover the fixed costs?

yep, $150 month......and then whatever you fly.

The more you fly, the better the deal.

At LVN our monthly dues are $145 per member. A lot of good clubs around the area. My problem is living close to LVN it is hard to drive too far to get to a plane.

The 10 hours to get into the 210 seems like a lot for more experianced pilots. How much do your instructors charge?

I believe it is $40 depending on the person. The guy I used is a 75CA for Delta ;) and liked to be paid in cash for some reason. ;)

Hmm, perhaps I should join a flying club out here in AZ...

Hey. I am moving out to the Phoenix area (GYR, GEU, DVT) and I am desperately looking for a good flying club. I don't want to pay $100/hr wet hobbs for an old 172 at a commercial FBO. I have been really spoiled with my flying club in the SF Bay Area (172N, $75/hr wet tach, $40 a month, $75 one-time initiation, or $89/hr wet tach for 172SP).

If anyone knows of any good flying clubs in the Phoenix area, PLEASE let me know. Thank you.

Back