Flying and Running

skyrunner1500

Sorry, that I post this thread in the "General" Section, but I haven't found a better place to put it!

I will be staying in Florida(flying into MCO) from Feb.9 to Feb.23 and I had no luck so far in finding reasonable accomodation(only above $1,000/week!!). Does anybody of you know something?

Last time I stayed in Indialantic(close to MLB) and liked it a lot, but unfortunately everything is booked out....

I'm also open to stay somewhere else in Florida, but I'd like to fly around 50hrs. and train a lot (I'm quite a fast miler!), so I would need access to a 400m-running track and some trails.... If anyone knows a nice spot - please let me know!
smile.gif

What kind of mile times do you turn in?

I once ran a decent 800 but never hit any of those 'WOW!' times. Every once in a while I get nostalgic and find a track to run on. After a few ladders, I usually lose the nostalgia and remember why I like road and mountain biking so much more than running now!
wink.gif

I'm guessing you're running the Disney Marathon? My vote would be for a Best Western or something. Check out the myriad of hotels on 192 or I-Drive. My wife just got a job (FINALLY) at the Holiday Inn Express next to the airport, and I think they are like $79 or so a night.

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of mile times do you turn in?

I once ran a decent 800 but never hit any of those 'WOW!' times. Every once in a while I get nostalgic and find a track to run on. After a few ladders, I usually lose the nostalgia and remember why I like road and mountain biking so much more than running now!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Last season I ran a 4:04 mile, so far my best time.
grin.gif
I run the 800 only in championships and as a preparation for the 1500 an the mile. Clocked last season a 1:51 for the 800 and a 3:41 for the 1500.

I finished all miles that I ran last season - except one - between 4:09 and 4:14.
smile.gif

The 800 are becoming more and more just a long sprint, so if you like to have success in the 800's you have to run quite a fast 400(at least a top-regional time), that's the reason why my 800 are relatively "slower" than the mile.....I'm not fast enough at 400. You can do a lot more with tactics and "destroy" the other runners, than you can over the 800...

I think running helps you in almost all aspects of life, when it comes to concentration, endurance,..... you just can do everything easier....also flying!

Great times! I used to get into the upper 1:50s in the half (fastest was 1:57) and upper 4s in the mile (best was 4:42). Needless to say, you would have been ahead of me even when I was in my prime . . .

Now I'm much more of a cyclist-skiier-backpacker. And I agree that being physically active and in shape helps with concentration, attentiveness, and overall mental sharpness. Keep it up!

Back