FlyClear Goes Belly-up

aloft

So Clear, the TSA's contractor for providing express-lane security screening for frequent flyers is ceasing operations as of 11 pm tonght. Sucks for all those people who ponied up 2-year service fees.

Yet another TSA suckcess story.

Yeah, not a really big time saver....I always wondered what they would do if everyone signed up for their service...then jsut wait in line behind all the cleared people.

I've only seen it at CVG.

Worst part? CVG's problems weren't the massive lines in security, they were apathetic personnel at security that wanted to have a 60 second conversation with each and every person and demanding each individual crewmember wait behind the line until they wave you over like a dog.

I wouldn't be surprised if they demanded crewmembers get down on all fours, put a dog buscuit on all of our noses and command. "Noo... no... no.... wait.... wait... wait.... GO!"

Yes I'm serious and no I'm not drunk...

Well, at least not yet... It's only 2330!

Worst part? CVG's problems weren't the massive lines in security, they were apathetic personnel at security that wanted to have a 60 second conversation with each and every person and demanding each individual crewmember wait behind the line until they wave you over like a dog.

I wouldn't be surprised if they demanded crewmembers get down on all fours, put a dog buscuit on all of our noses and command. "Noo... no... no.... wait.... wait... wait.... GO!"

Hmmm never had that problem. CVG employees are allowed to keep their shoes on during screening. I was wearing sandels (flip flops) and the TSA guy told me to remove them. I showed him my SIDA badge. He demanded again that I take them off and put them through the x-ray machine. I told him that employees aren't required to remove their shoes per the TSA. A supervisor overheard our argument and came over and told me to keep my sandels on and continue throught the metal detector. Onceont he other side he appologized for the agents actions and said that the agent was new.

The people passing through the "clear" lines always had a smug look on their faces anyway....serves them right to have to return to screening with the rest of the rabble.

If the airlines were smart they'd have first class lines only for first class, that don't dump into the regular screening lines. Defeats the purpose. Separate the classes. Maybe more people would be willing to pay for first class. Think about it, first class passengers want to be coddled and feel better than the cattle. They also don't want to wait, or arrive 2 hours before a 1 hour flight. Let's face it, they have better things to be doing...http://forums.jetcareers.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1217675

I always said they should take the CLEAR technology that was already in place and make it for crewmembers. We would all have a clear type badge that would be universal and we would just clear the machine and bypass security. They would have to spend very little money since the technology was already in place. This would be too easy thought....

Take your ID out of the holder!!!!

If the airlines were smart they'd have first class lines only for first class, that don't dump into the regular screening lines. Defeats the purpose. Separate the classes.

They actually do have premium passenger lines at Dulles. Those lines feed into a screening area that the regular line doesn't.

I suppose that if someone from the regular lines decided to walk into the screening area for the premium passengers, nobody could stop them. But I haven't seen anyone do it.

This is smart. You reward those passengers who are either flying in first or business class or who give you a lot of business. The once or twice a year Aunt Bessies don't get this benefit.

And as stupid as the rules are, I don't necessarily think it's the TSA that's responsible for delays. A lot of times, it's the passenger. I've seen doofuses think that they can wear enough metal to make a rapper feel inadequate through the detectors without setting them off. Then this doofus has to go back, take off all the stuff, and get rescreened. That slows things down.

TSA: please don't send the cattle into the crew line in EWR anymore, the cattle don't know what they're doing and we'all have to run to the end of our respective terminals to check in!

Have you ever been behind the newspaper delivery guy? That guy has to unload each bundle of papers off his huge cart, and then restack them once they go through the machine. Of course, no TSA personnel help him and then he has to deal with airline crews getting pissed at HIM. Poor bastard.

Back