Flute Causes Evacuation

I think you all are missing the point here... They evacuated the airport because they thought it was a pipe bomb. I don't think that the fear was that the thing was going on to an airplane but rather that there was a bomb in the building. Now why somebody didn't say... "hey, who owns this pipe?" and avert the whole problem is beyond me, but ther fear was that they had a pipebomb on their hands. That said, once they figured out that that was all it was, the guy should have been able to board with it and not have to take the flute out.

Ethan

[ QUOTE ]
I think you all are missing the point here... They evacuated the airport because they thought it was a pipe bomb.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's still a flute, hoss. I can see them looking into it and returning it back to the owner, but why exactly did they keep it?

"Is that...Tchaikovsky I hear coming from the TSA office?"
smile.gif

I read it as
"The passenger was allowed to board his flight after being questioned, but without his flute in the container made of plastic PVC pipe"

meaning that he was allowed back on the flight WITH his flute, but not in the bomb like case. I bet all those TSA agents are damn fine concert musicians.

[ QUOTE ]
meaning that he was allowed back on the flight WITH his flute, but not in the bomb like case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, good call! The article was worded strangely.

Articles are ALWAYS worded strangely. A lot like most of my writing on the website!

Usually I get letters from irate English majors and then I fix'em.

Back