Florida and Georgia Airline History

They run a nice little website. The pages on ATL history are exhaustive. A lot of work goes into these sites, and like Paul's outstanding Abandoned Airports site, they can be an enjoyable time sink for a rainy afternoon and/or if you're laid up.

Throw throw them a few bones if you can.

LOL'd at this poor bastard who had to stand in full getup in the presumably hot florida sun next to a plane painted like a taxi cab.
The things we did for multi time...

View attachment 79490

You know you would have done it.

Im a sucker for old time tables.

I love looking at old travel stuff. Use to really enjoy that kind of stuff, but one day I was at a train museum looking at an old 30’s era Pullman coach and had the epiphany that they never have “smell-o-vison” in any of the displays.

For the real effect, they should put you in a 3 piece, ill-fitting all wool suit, dial the thermostat up to 92, put a glob of 30W in your hair and fill the whole display with parfum room de locueur.

After you get done sweating your genitalia off, you can stop by the snack bar where they’ll make a cupful of boiled lard. Maybe someone will cough some polio on you.

I know a LOT of people who love to live in the past, but it, for the most part, blew ass in a lot of ways.

I love looking at old travel stuff. Use to really enjoy that kind of stuff, but one day I was at a train museum looking at an old 30’s era Pullman coach and had the epiphany that they never have “smell-o-vison” in any of the displays.

For the real effect, they should put you in a 3 piece, ill-fitting all wool suit, dial the thermostat up to 92, put a glob of 30W in your hair and fill the whole display with parfum room de locueur.

After you get done sweating your genitalia off, you can stop by the snack bar where they’ll make a cupful of boiled lard. Maybe someone will cough some polio on you.

I know a LOT of people who love to live in the past, but it, for the most part, blew ass in a lot of ways.
Believe me, I’d be complaining about getting onboard the shorts360 I’m nostalgic about :)

Believe me, I’d be complaining about getting onboard the shorts360 I’m nostalgic about :)

My dad flew these back in the 80s, he has nostalgia for his friends less so for this machine. He loved the Fokker though.
Image 2.jpeg

I did a DC-8 from PDX to BFI when ATI was flying them on that route...even got to see the 2 inboard motors in reverse trick. That was a cool ride.
Took a UPS 70-series DC-8 one night from EWR to SDF, right before they retired them.

That thing was awesome! They said when they re-engined them, it was like adding a 5th engine.

Loved watching the FE work. He was a Check FE and, judging by how old he looked, was a close, personal friend of Donald Douglas.

Took a UPS 70-series DC-8 one night from EWR to SDF, right before they retired them.

That thing was awesome! They said when they re-engined them, it was like adding a 5th engine.

Loved watching the FE work. He was a Check FE and, judging by how old he looked, was a close, personal friend of Donald Douglas.
I’m not sure @Cherokee_Cruiser looks that old tbf

Back