flightline tallahassee

yoman793

hey ya'll. im interested in getting a job with my local fbo here in tallahassee. i currently have my PPL, and am working on the rest of my ratings with hopes to be through my cfi by march or april. i figured working the line would be a great way to network for future jobs, but more so, i just cant stand working in a non-aviation field anymore.

does anyone on here work at flightline in tallahassee or know someone who does? they're not hiring right now but i really want this job and was hoping i could get some help from my friends here on JC.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.....

I was in some what of the same boat you were about a month or two ago. I coulden't stand working outside of aviation. I applied at the local FBO, but they said they weren't hiring. Gave them a call about 2 weeks later and I got myself a job. My advice to you is apply and if you don't get the job right away keep trying. Give them a call or drop in and chat for a couple minutes. Good Luck!

Even though they say they are not hiring, you never know when they might be. Go in with a resume, ask to speak with the manager, tell him your position and goal. He is more likly to hire you next time they need somebody rather than someone who drops by looking for just a job. If you don't hear anything call back, persistence is key. Remember to dress nice (polo, kakies), put a smile on, and be nice to everyone you talk to. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Just head over there and help out. I would recommend dressing the part...

I'd say for starters you should wear a trench coat, it looks professional. Second, if you can't grow one your self, maybe buy a big black bushy mustache and wear it. Third, just for the sake of comfort you could wear a robe and sandals under that jacket. Fourth, I would buy a walkie talkie to listen in to the radio chatter so you know what is going on. Fifth, a long dew rag would help keep the sun off your neck and face. Sixth, don't ask to help out, if anyone approaches you just mumble and speak from the back of your throat, they won't be able to understand you and you won't have to explain yourself to anyone. And finally, when you see a plane come in, you should run out to them with your walkie talkie in hand waving it at them so they know you have it.;)

Then if you don't get the job, they don't deserve you!!

thanks for the words of encouragement. i will be persistent. i was hoping to find an "in" here on the forum, but i see i will have to go about it the old fashion way.

and brewmaster, im headed to the store to buy a trenchcoat and fake moustache. im sure it will help... at least as much as your post did.

Even though they say they are not hiring, you never know when they might be. Go in with a resume, ask to speak with the manager, tell him your position and goal. He is more likly to hire you next time they need somebody rather than someone who drops by looking for just a job. If you don't hear anything call back, persistence is key. Remember to dress nice (polo, kakies), put a smile on, and be nice to everyone you talk to. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

:yeahthat:

I was at flightline about a month ago... very nice FBO. One of the girls looks like Sarah Palin. Haha.

Definetely get your app in there!

also if you get hired there make sure you get to know the CSR named krystal- she is hot.

Nice....I will be there with a gaggle of other airplanes this weekend. Always nice to have friendly service on the other end of a cross country :)

Back